Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the wake of the extensive data breach that has spanned across multiple forums earlier this year, has the policy of denying account deletion requests been altered to help protect information of users that no longer want an account? Or does the current policy still stand, and those of us that wanted to protect ourselves are still out of luck? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
Yes you are still out of luck.

You agreed to the terms when you signed up.

copping an attitude will not help further your case.

Your best course of action would be to delete or alter your personal profile as much as you can.

Peace be with you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The intent was not to "cop an attitude", but rather to see if any changes in policy have been made since the data breach. It's a legitimate inquiry, even if it's not one that is valuable to you personally.

I've reviewed the terms a few times and nothing addresses requests for account deletion or data retention. Would you mind pointing me to the particulars that cover this? Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
You agreed to the terms of the site, the Admin said they do not delete accounts. That to me would be considered "terms".

Your last sentence finishes with "are still out of luck". Well you may not think there is attitude in that but there is. The entire thread would have read completely different without that sentence and would fall along the lines that your reply was but an innocent request for information.

Please address your personal concerns about your privacy with the Admin team directly via PM. If there is any resolve, it can be handled much much more quickly than relaying back and forth on the open forums that they don't read very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts