Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with Dee's repair in SF?
http://www.geocities.com/deesrepair
I just had my 6000 mile maintenance done at Munroe's, but somehow it doesn't feel right spending $450 for having valves inspected ;). Dee does it for $275.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
... that price sheet looks REALLY similar to what Nichols MFG does in Milpitas. They mention "Ducati-certified mech"...

If I had no first-hand experiences from friends/other riders about them, IMO, I'd try them out. If you like them, then post your comments (or dislikes if it applies).

Either way, it'd be another way for getting the word out for a good/bad place to get moto service closer to the City.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Another option in the city is Desmoto (http://www.desmotosport.com/service.shtm) - you could check with them. They used to post their shop prices on their old site, but the new one doesn't have 'em. As I recall they were pretty reasonable.

If you do decide to go with Dee's, let us know how it works out.

M

·
0 Posts
My bike's gettin to that valve job point (around 5k right now) and I'm taking it to Dee's when it hits 5.8k... ;D

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
... that price sheet looks REALLY similar to what Nichols MFG does in Milpitas. They mention "Ducati-certified mech"...

If I had no first-hand experiences from friends/other riders about them, IMO, I'd try them out. If you like them, then post your comments (or dislikes if it applies).

Either way, it'd be another way for getting the word out for a good/bad place to get moto service closer to the City.
I might try Dee's next time I have to get something done - actually I had the 6000 mile service done at Munroe's. Just after that I noticed the ad for Dee's on craigslist...
I would try to do the service myself but right now I don't really have the space/tools/time...and maybe I should then get a second bike so that when I'd be working on the other one I can still ride ;)

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Wow! $275 for a 6k might even be worth a road trip from Fresno :D
That's about what Jim Davis charges at Nichols. And you know he's one of the best Ducati mechanics around. The only drawback is he has over a week backlog during the summer.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
newb here...not just to this board but to motorcycling as well. bought a used 02 620 ie dark, and 1000 miles later, i need the 6k work.

called dee's, and she was ready to do it the next day (no backlog). pretty sketchy looking neighborhood, but her shop was tidy. said she might be done at the end of the day (dropped it off at noon) but didn't finish until the next day. as i am new to motorcycles, can't really tell exactly what she did:

plugs RA4HC, Motul 5100 oil, fuel filter, brake fluid, "changed 4 closing shims", compression test 170psi. also adjusted chain and lubed. everything else "looks good". she did spot a leaky fork seal. bike runs good, but it ran well before the service.

i'm pretty happy with the service but the one thing that bugs me is that she said she checked the carburator??????? last time i checked, 620ie's don't have one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts