Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kinda on the fence here on what would be the better bike. Would you guys go with the S2R1000 or the new 1100 Monster? Who's owned both? Can you guys give me some insight to both. I've just started doing research on both, but any input from your guys would be great as always. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
S2R vs m1100

I went to check out an S2R and ended up ordering an 1100S, it should be here later this week.
Purely a visual decision, I love the look of the new model, so I'm probably not much help to you in making your decision. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you test ride them both before you based it on looks? I went to the dealer this weekend to take a look at the new 1100 & 1100S. They were nice!

Has anybody had any major problems with their S2R1000 or their new 1100.

·
Registered
9 Posts
S21R vs M1100

I didnt ride either, dealer sent me out on a new Streetfighter (I've known him for a number of years) to put some km's on it and I came back and ordered the M1100S.
I had never test ridden a bike before buying until recently when I took a Hypermotard for a blast - fun but not quite what I wanted.
I have always figured if there was something I didnt like about a bike I could change it.
Hopefully the 1100 will be the first bike I dont spend a fortune on modifying, although I have some Devil carbon cans sat here waiting to go on!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel ya, I never test rode any bike I ever purchased, but those were different kind of bikes (999s). I've never had a naked bike. I'm just looking for something different and more comfortable.

Was there any reason you went with the 1100s over the 1100 or was it strictly visual?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went with the S because I loved the pearl white & black frame (I think I will have the wheels powder coated black too) and I'm a sucker for Ohlins stuff.

I'll probably only do 3000 miles a year on it, dont race anymore and most of my riding mates have Harley's but I really need Ohlins forks !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts