Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'll most likely get a list a mile long, but that's what I want anyway. So I am breaking in my 2007 S2R and need to put some miles on the bike. I was wondering if any of you all know of some good roads around the Raleigh area.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
42 from Fuquay-Varina to Sanford is nice. Old US 1 is nice. Poole Road east from Raleigh to Wendell is also fun.

Also, Contact Uroplatus. He can hook you up with some roads in the Triad area that are apparently a lot of fun.

284 Posts
Caswell county, in general. Northeast of Greensboro - lots of good, low-traffic, well maintained roads. Try US 158, then branch out and explore! A little closer to home (Raleigh) is Purcell road in northern Wake county - take 6 Forks road north, NORTH, past NC 98. Purcell will split off to the right, across from a fire station. Take it all the way to US 1, north of town. Lots of elevation change, hard corners, sweeping corners, and relatively low traffic.

We haven't met, BTW - if you see an odd looking M600 dark or S2R with Zards and spikes on the front fender, that's me >:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might try some out this weekend, I am not going into studio on Monday either! I should have her broken in this week.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you are looking for something close the roads around Lake Jordon are worth tolling around on well maintained and low traffic on the weekends.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went out around Falls Lake on Saturday. There are some decent roads out on the North side of the lake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts