Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm currently repainting my monster tank to the original ducati monster yellow , do you guys have any idea if the original decal color is silver or black?
thanks,
stephen

·
Registered
972 Posts
Stephen, I've got a '97 model and they are definately Silver, if you have one the same age or older than mine the decal actually says Ducati Monster, with the word Monster under the word Ducati, from 98 onwards they changed the logo to what it is now and the word on the tank just says Ducati but its in a different font.

Mmick

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
stef_pen said:
i'm currently repainting my monster tank to the original ducati monster yellow , do you guys have any idea if the original decal color is silver or black?
thanks,
stephen
From the time they changed from the Cagiva style font to the current, yellow bikes have had a dark grey/silver metallic decal. Red and blacks have a light silver decal.
S*Rs that are yellow have black decals.

The old font was silver with a brownish border and had "Monster" underneath in black or red

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for the opinions, i've found a original cutfile for the ducati decal , (i have my own vinyl cutting machine), i'll post a link so you can check it out, they have great decal design there, they even have one with a raging bull. Does all yellow monsters from past to present have the same shade of yellow? coz i brought a 02 yellow fender and plan to copy its color to the tank and cowl. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts