Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone else took any pictures feel free to dump them here, too. [thumbsup]

A group of a half dozen of us met in the city and then wandered over the Golden Gate Bridge to Dipsea's, a large family-oriented cafe just up the street from the 'Bux that we normally go to. There's bike parking right up front...so we were off to a good start. Here's a few of the gang waiting for a table.

And another...

And another...

Tigre appears to be reading one of the non-Italian bikes the riot act... [laugh] <bad bike, bad bad bike!>

We took off from here on the "normal" North Bay route....which I know only by "feel" so correct me if I'm wrong here: Left onto 1, up the hill but not up Mt. Tam, continue onto Panoramic and down into Stinson Beach and then Pt. Reyes Stn. Our group left in one massive hoarde and sorted itself out eventually. Lots of cars... Did I mention there were lots of cars. It still beats the one time we rode up there and got stuck behind bus after bus full of people on their way to some sort of Renaissance Faire or something...god that sucked--one of the few times I've actually screamed inside of my helmet.

Aaaaanyway, we got to Pt. Reyes Station where a number of us sighed a big sigh of relief at the sight of a petro pump. Of course, I got stellar mileage for some reason today and didn't need much gas. ::) Never the less it was a good stopping point, and stop we did. Most of us stopped inside the unloading zone between two handicap spots, which by the way, is illegal. ;D Ask me how I know. [laugh]

Here's S2RGirl...spelled right?

Here's some sort of non-Monster abomination that hooked up with us. Don't know the rider. Neat bike tho. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
His buddy was the real monster...heck, I don't even know what make/model this thing is supposed to be. The rattlecan job that didn't bother to remove the stickers or tape the wheels prior to spraying rocks...really. I totally dug it. 8)

I think you can tell that I liked it, because I took many photos of it.

I wasn't joking...I really liked it.

Whenever I think that my FZR is looking a little haphazard and rickety, I'm just gonna pull up this photo. ;D

So from Pt. Reyes, we picked up three riders including Moowuzz who rarely gets on the board anymore because he sucks. ;D I've run into him at least two separate other times on this route, always at different times of the day. I think he's spiritually connected with us.

We continued onto Tomales, or as some like to call it, Tamales...I prefer the latter as the former has little to offer other than raw shellfish. [laugh] From there we tootled down Chileno Valley and then onto Lucas Valley? Is that right? It involves a couple of lefts and another right. I know that much. :) I followed DATV and It'saSickness who both managed to ride through nearly every cow pattie we encountered. I did my best to avoid the flying road apples that were being flicked my way, but found myself wiping a little poo off of my visor. Thanks guys. ::) [cheeky] We passed the Cheese Factory and the Mexican place, which seemingly, the cows had visited prior to walking down the road given the amount of bovine doo doo on the pavement.

After making our way down Lucas Valley and nearly freezing to death (it had been relatively warm up until this point) we pulled over to say farewell before all of us split off for home.

MichaelMoore picked the perfect location for all of us to gather. Mmmm....cow dung and dead skunk. Who says motorcycles aren't chick-friendly?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Cold? I was so busy turning down my electric vest that I didn't notice. :p

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Great ride, especially the fast twisties on 1 following Tigre ant DATV.

Did anyone remember the name of the welding shop that fabricated those exhaust brackets on that 900SS? Those things were sweet!

BTW - That rat bike was a Honda CBR 600 F3. At first I thought it was Spidey's Monster [cheeky]

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
You turd... [cheeky] I'm going to go back and get that skunk to put in your bed. [laugh]
I can see that thing bungeed to the back of your seat...you can bet the cars will keep plenty of following distance [laugh]

·
Registered
310 Posts
Belle,

Thanks for taking great pics, sorry about the cow **** though. :-X [laugh]

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sounds like it was fun - it sure was nice out. Would have liked to join, but as life would have it...for my first full week off in 7 months, the entire family has been sick, and the two year old with pneumonia. :mad:

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
[clap] Fantastic Day!! Outstanding company, great food and a phenomenal ride on awesome roads! Thanks so much for being such woderful hosts. This was only my second time through Point Reyes but my only one looping back to San Rafael the way we did. Thanks Michael (Moore) for selecting the route and setting the perfect pace - brisk enough and never over the top - in other words... perfect for this group and this time of the year. [thumbsup]

You all made us (the Vacaville gang) feel very welcomed - THANK YOU VERY MUCH. A few pics at the table...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
scoby2duc said:
looks like you had a good turnout maybe next time we can make the trip
Good meeting you and Heather this this morning for coffee before we took off. We'll do some ride together soon... I have to admit - you guys missed an AWESOME one! ;)

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Great Pics! Great People! Great Roads! It was definitely an awesome time out there :D Spectacular turnout for our first ride with the MOB. Thank you very much for making us Vacaville folks feel so welcome :D

Rick T. said:
Good meeting you and Heather this morning for coffee before we took off. We'll do some ride together soon... I have to admit - you guys missed an AWESOME one! ;)
[thumbsup] It was good to meet you two :)...pics from my phone/camera/mp3 player ;D at the Bucks on Davis Street...

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Michael Moore said:
I *like* little furry woodland creatures!
I generally love animals, too--they taste good. [cheeky] I'm not terribly fond of skunks though--there's just not enough BBQ sauce on the planet to make them tolerable.

Michael Moore said:
Sorry 'bout the cow poop tho'...
If it had been dog poo I would have been pretty grouchy. The only good thing about vegetarians is that their dung doesn't smell too awful. [laugh]

·
Registered
684 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
Hey, I've seen that guy riding out there. He looks like this (is that helmet DOT approved?).

·
Registered
876 Posts
thanks for posting the photos ... looks like a great time was had by those who attended ... wish i could have gotten away to make the ride north.

·
Registered
172 Posts
hey! I thought I picked the route... oh well, I'll shed my noob status soon enough.

You'll see. You'll all see. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
Lots of cars... Did I mention there were lots of cars. It still beats the one time we rode up there and got stuck behind bus after bus full of people on their way to some sort of Renaissance Faire or something...god that sucked--one of the few times I've actually screamed inside of my helmet.
Yeah, 'Belle....I 'member that. I think it was June '05........that just sucked. 'Specially on the SBK !

:mad:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
If it had been dog poo I would have been pretty grouchy. The only good thing about vegetarians is that their dung doesn't smell too awful. [laugh]
Lesson learned: keep your face shield down [laugh] [laugh]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts