Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather looks to be fair this Saturday. Would anyone care to meet for lunch @ 1200 hrs - maybe in the city somewhere? A place with plenty of parking and "hearty" food sounds good. Suggestions? :)

Update:
Dipsea Cafe:
http://www.dipseacafe.com/
It's right at Tam Junction.

See you all tomorrow!! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I'm game for lunch in the city.

Let's see who else jumps in and then we can determine a location.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'm in.

·
Registered
769 Posts
desmoquattro said:
I'm game, maybe for a post-ride lunch.
you read my mind :) i was going to suggest that. eat fast ;D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I may or may not be in town... as usual.

I'm definitely in if I'm here. Or - If you guys want to ride Skyline, I could maybe postpone my leaving Friday and lump the travel in with the Saturday ride. Anyone up for lunch @ Alice's on 35? That would be a good loop for you guys, and I could continue on down South....

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I'm always up for Lunch Meat!

FWIW, with all the wind we've been having lately, the roads are crap here in Marin. Full of small branches, pine needles, leaves, etc. Only the 'tard riders could love these conditions.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Michael Moore said:
I'm always up for Lunch Meat!

FWIW, with all the wind we've been having lately, the roads are crap here in Marin. Full of small branches, pine needles, leaves, etc. Only the 'tard riders could love these conditions.
I think the same is probably doubly true for the peninsula roads, especially 35.

·
Registered
423 Posts
How about an early morning peninsula ride, and then lunch afterwards? Hopefully the tree branches will be gone by Saturday.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just wanna ride & eat or eat & ride... either is cool with me - but a MOB lunch is a MUST. An all-Monster photo op will be PERFECT. [thumbsup]

So call it people - you are the regulars... I'm the new guy remember? ;) I'll bring the Vacaville group out to play.

So here's who's in for now:

Rick T.
S2RGRL
Tigre
Ducky
desmoquattro
jonnymoto (definite maybe)
datv (?)

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I'll prolly be around Sat for munchies in the City. No riding for me tho. :-\ Still need to deal with my 'tard exhaust. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
MB and I will see how far along we are on the side project, so count us as a maybe.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well - I'm going around a 40mph right turn this am on cold tires and some broken sticks all over the turn roll my tires wide like I'm on a conveyor belt, and into the nettles heaped near the yellow line. Front washed out a good bit before I got it back under me... got me wondering about where we do want to ride Saturday. We should choose carefully.

Someone with some good knowledge of which roads hold up in high winds (those without trees, probably - and without mud and rocks from a hill) - just pick the place and the time. If we could have a plan by this evening, that would be awesome.

If we do Skyline, it needs to be morning for me to make it.

If we do Marin, it needs to be after noon for me to make it.

I'm leaning toward the later ride - but whatever works for you guys.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I suggest a 12pm meeting time @ the restaurant (whichever that may be) and a short ride thereafter (optional). It will be pretty cold in the morning so I won't want to do a "real" ride until the temps warm ups a 'lil bit.

Help me out a bit with the location of the meet. SF, Berkley? Someplace with a great view and hearty food... it will be cooooold out... brrrrr....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ok - here's my proposal.

Dipsea Cafe in Mill Valley should be able to accomodate any size group within 20minutes of arrival. They have the view, the food, the space, the parking, and access to Tam.

12:00pm meet @ Dipsea. You will arrive w/ gas already in your tank ::)

Ride @ 1:30 or whenever we're done - Shoreline, Panoramic to Stinson, 1 up to either Pt Reyes or Marshall depending on what we decide at lunch, then loop east hooking Pt Reyes-Petaluma Rd to Nicassio Valley ending w/ either Lucas Valley or Sr Francis Drake. 101 takes us home.

Show of hands? Problems w/ any of these roads?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts