Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, been busy doing the bling and just had the 1st service done.

There will be some who think it's too much, don't really care :)

Full Termis system, Rizoma bars, mirrors, end weights, 'Next' tanks, bunch of carbon, tail tidy.

Waiting on Rizoma to make their 'Lux" grips for the ride-by-wire, and a 43 rear sprocket from the Diavel. Also gotta figure how to fit a steering damper with the bar risers. I don't think the Ducati one (when it comes in Nov) will go on.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks great. Thats an ass load of carbon fiber man. Looks awesome.

Info in bars (higher)? And screen (fit how you like)?

Like the gold rad guard also (makes me want the silver one to match my std silver forks)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The higher bars are great. Just takes that weight off the wrists at town speeds. Also makes me feel not as cramped on the bike.

The screen is just for show, doesn't do anything useful, and a real pain to fit. Fiddly as, you need a few hours and LOTS of patience. Almost as if the guy who designed it got the measurements off a photo and figured, close enough. And the guy who made the perspex didn't talk to the guy who made the bracket. Mortal enemies as far as I know. It also just covers the top of the dash, doesn't obstruct any of the tacho in Touring mode, but right on the top of it. Don't know about the other instrument panel mode displays.

Really not well thought out at all, but hey, it's Italian and it's all about the looks.

I have just finished putting a 4mm rubber spacer under the top 2 bolts between the perspex and the bracket to push the top further out. Gotta be better, but I don't know how much yet. Why 4mm; that's the thickness of a couple of rubber spacers I had lying around.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have the screen. IMHO, it actually does quite a bit to block wind from my torso. That bike looks great.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have the same windscreen and really couldn't get it adjusted perfect. It was misaligned on the right side. You couldn't tell unless you were on the bike. I took it off in 30 mins. My fitting was horrible and my me think this was like buying a eBay knock offproduct.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have the same windscreen and really couldn't get it adjusted perfect. It was misaligned on the right side. You couldn't tell unless you were on the bike. I took it off in 30 mins. My fitting was horrible and my me think this was like buying a eBay knock offproduct.

I had the dealer install mine. There are 2 sets of allen screws that can cause what you're seeing though. The dealer got it all on straight but then I took the whole headlight assembly apart to install LED signals, and I got it crooked to begin with. It took me another hour or so of messing with it to get it straight again.

You aren't the first person I've talked to that said it was a pain to install and didn't fit very well, but since I didn't do the initial install I didn't have to mess with that part.

Ken

·
Registered
506 Posts
I had the dealer install mine. There are 2 sets of allen screws that can cause what you're seeing though. The dealer got it all on straight but then I took the whole headlight assembly apart to install LED signals, and I got it crooked to begin with. It took me another hour or so of messing with it to get it straight again.

You aren't the first person I've talked to that said it was a pain to install and didn't fit very well, but since I didn't do the initial install I didn't have to mess with that part.

Ken

Thanks ken

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After putting the spacers under the top 2 positions between the perspex and the bracket, it made no difference. Mine is also slightly skewed at the top and is closer to the bike on the RHS. Guess its a bracket manufacturing thing; you only notice it when you are sitting on the bike. It still covers the top of the numbers on the tach from about 7000 rpm up. Maybe a little less wind, can't really remember what it was like before.

The mirrors vibrate about as much as the stock ones; you can't read a numberplate, but you can tell it's a white Ford. And even though the mirrors are smaller in size, now I can see all the road behind me without having to contort my arms out of the way. So I actually get to see more.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did you remove the long spacer from the Ducati tail tidy? I like the look a lot more than with the long "neck" mine has... heading out to the garage now.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the spacer only lasted 10 minutes on mine. Put it on during the install, didn't like the look, took it off.

Still not sure if I like it or not. I am leaning towards buying the carbon hugger just to see what that looks like. Didn't like the big hugger, but the carbon one looks small and neat. Would sort of match my BMW then:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, the spacer only lasted 10 minutes on mine. Put it on during the install, didn't like the look, took it off.

Still not sure if I like it or not. I am leaning towards buying the carbon hugger just to see what that looks like. Didn't like the big hugger, but the carbon one looks small and neat. Would sort of match my BMW then:)
Yep, mine is gone now. Most of the time was cutting and soldiering wires.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Deano, I've been thinking about different bars. I'm an old flattracker and the original bars feel more like a motocrosser to me. Are those Rizoma bars more swept back than the originals? I don't really need more height but additional sweep would be welcome. If the are swept back, by how much? 10-15mm would be nice. Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The bar itself looks pretty much the same as the original, but then you can buy them with different degrees of sweep. Can't tell you which one I got, standard I guess.

Closer to you varies dependant on what rotation you have the bars. I have mine at 0 (zero...the bars are marked in degrees) so it's about the same as the original.

The extra height comes from the risers, and they did add a little closer to me as well as they have a slight curve to them.

I wanted the height and the risers did that, but not much closer and no more sweep and it's working well for me. I could have done all that with the original bars on the risers, but then it wouldn't have looked as pretty. Yep, it was all about the look.....

Hope this helps ......

·
Registered
35 Posts
nah...its looks good. It doesn't look like universal parts is what matters. Thats when I find it to be over the top. Everything compliments the bike.

whats the spec/model on your bars and riser? I'm considering doing the same

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The risers are Rizoma 60mm. They make different heights, but those are the ones most here are using if they have done that mod. Doesn't actually raise it 60mm as you lose the bit on the bottom of the handlebar mount, so somewhere around 40 mm would be a good guess, maybe an inch and a half for you old school guys:)

The bars are also Rizoma, they are a tapered bar and have the following numbers on them. Don't know what the numbers mean. MA010G and under that 511200847.

The end mirrors are Rizoma reverse retro (they do them in silver as well) and the bar end weights are the ones that fit those bars with those mirrors. Can't help with part numbers for those, I have a really good Rizoma dealer here and he just kept bringing out bits that would go together.

The fluid tanks are Rizoma Next, and you need the brackets with the hingy bit in the middle. Levers are Rizoma Feel. You will need some brake hose as well. Only about a foot of it as you can use some of the front hose for the rear brake tank.

Have fun......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts