Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am shooting a Track day on Friday March 12th at VIR. I was wondering what Deals Gap is like that early in the season and if anyone wants to meet up for a ride. Its only 3 weeks away. I would really be up for any ride down south. It doesn't have to be Deals. Anyone live near VIR up for a ride that weekend? It would nice to break the winter blues with a little group ride.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Dennis, my cage club will be at CMP that weekend, sorry dude.

Hey, I know that you are going to CMP this weekend. When are you rolling thru Charlotte? Maybe we can graba cold one.

Also, most of these track days are non-spectator, If want to ride my monster down and watch some on Sat. or Sunday, can you get me in? I'm only an hour away.

Jeff

And yes, Deals Gap will be cold in March. Watch out for the slippery spots.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK
SO much for that idea. Maybe I will ride to Myrtle Beach and visit friends.
You can ride down to CMP. You might get charged a track fee. Its like $15. If your by yourself tell them your with Race Day Photo and bringing me a supplies from Charlotte. I will tell them I am expecting you. But if you come with more then 2 guys just pay the fee. It will look funny. Spectators are welcome. Its the track that charges a gate fee.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might be interested in a ride to deal's gap. I live in Atlanta. Might still be cold though. I bought my monster on March 23 of last year and I remember freezing my ass of for the first few weeks.

Tom E.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spectators are welcome. Its the track that charges a gate fee.
Dennis,
Is that true for most tracks/track days? I'd like to go to Roebling Road and watch a track day if that is the case.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Roebling Road charges per person to enter the gates.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been cold before. And I am not afraid of it. I am off all the whole week before the 13th. I only live a couple of hours away. If anyone is really interested let me know.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The weather around here is crazy. I bought my first bike last month. A '03 620. I couldn't stand it so I rode to the gap last weekend and it was nice. Now we are expecting 4-8 inches of snow tonight (probably more at the gap) but it's supposed to be in the 60's this weekend.

I'm thinking of heading back up there Saturday or Sunday and possibly doing 129 and the Cherohala.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Team Pro Motion, Nesba abd Reduc allow spectators. I am not sure about other clubs. Some tracks cahrage a gate fee. Its in a clubs best interest to allow people to come and watch. Its how they get members. NESBA even offers 2 free sessions to see if you want to becoem a member.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well,
CMP is cancelled for this weekend. It seems they got a few inches of snow today. I guess I will have to go riding instead.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Dennis, it's wasn't a "few inches"
Check this out, record 24 hr. snow fall. I've measured 12 inches in front of the house. Heck I rode my Monster in the 60 degree's we had last Sunday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts