Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
participants, rooms, trailers and stuff.........

and the latest update: as of 5/9/07

Room 1 - Paul, step bro, Paul's trailer (2 bikes ) leaving from Mechanicsburg, PA

Room 2 - Justin, Keith, Andy Justin's trailer( 2 bikes) leaving from south NJ

Room 3 - Mike, Rob, Robs trailer (4 bikes) leaving from Gap,PA

Room 4 - Tony, John, Greg Tony's trailer (3 bikes + 1 on bed) leaving from New Holland, PA

Room 5 - Marco, Marcos trailer (3 bikes) leaving from Potstown, PA

Room 6 - Jason,

OK, so we have 12 participants as of now ....and 14 spots for bikes on trailers [thumbsup]

plus York with a friend in Fontana resort. .....can't wait 'till may ::) :p [cheeky]

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Re: Deals Gap on speed channel

Hoss and Sean did it last year. I know they loved it. I would love to go there some time.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts

yeah i know i brought this up several times before.

sooooo

if you guys are serious ill CALL NOW, I just did and reserved sat 5/12 through tuesday night 5/15 (leave wednesday). $49 a night.
myself and only one other have rooms. two strokes are the week before and she thinks the busas get there on the 16th

800-889-5550 (tanya or Beth)

http://www.dealsgap.com/

if we get this organized and tell ben (webmaster) about our group coming he will post up about it... this might spawn other dmlers to show...

last year the wknd was insane, and to the point of unsafe. all you need is some wknd squarrior coming into your lane because hes trying to go fast and pose for killboy

again call NOW, we can work out trailers and car pooling later...

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts

why couldn't it be a weekend later paul...i'll be in vegas the weekend before. so i'll be out of work from thurs to mon, it'll be difficult to get days off the next weekend too. :'(

one of these days i'll make it!

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts

bighoss said:
yeah i know i brought this up several times before.

sooooo

if you guys are serious ill CALL NOW, I just did and reserved sat 5/12 through tuesday night 5/15 (leave wednesday). $49 a night.
myself and only one other have rooms. two strokes are the week before and she thinks the busas get there on the 16th

800-889-5550 (tanya or Beth)

http://www.dealsgap.com/

if we get this organized and tell ben (webmaster) about our group coming he will post up about it... this might spawn other dmlers to show...

last year the wknd was insane, and to the point of unsafe. all you need is some wknd squarrior coming into your lane because hes trying to go fast and pose for killboy

again call NOW, we can work out trailers and car pooling later...
You know I'm in...BTW, not clear about Tanya/Ben and what their roles are? Website is general info...

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts

tanya and beth take reservations.

ben updates the "daily updates" at the bottom of the home page.

ill start looking onto trailers then ;D

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts

bighoss said:
ill start looking onto trailers then ;D
I was looking at these (1, 2 and 3 rails)...

http://scandipacific.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=36

What's sodark have?

KnightofNi II said:
why couldn't it be a weekend later paul...i'll be in vegas the weekend before. so i'll be out of work from thurs to mon, it'll be difficult to get days off the next weekend too. :'(

one of these days i'll make it!
I'd be honored to take Jolly Roger along and fill his fibers with that cool 'country' (i.e., hillbilly) air! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts

good find OT... i want to get sodarks input/recommendation. i think he really likes his setup. those are reasonable on $ too!

travis you are always somewhere... just start figuring out days off and cancelling other plans. if you bail on me two years in a row, well then, youll be twice as lame. :p

·
Registered
3,225 Posts

well guys, the wife and i have been talking about going there next spring/summer as well and that might work out perfectly for us. Here's the deal though, we might...and i stress might, be buying a 31ft badass RV so we can do some serious traveling with our motorcycles and dog next year. I'm thinking of setting up two weeks straight of travel and riding with about 5 track days in it and if we can work it out to fall in with that, it would be a dream vacation for sure.
Either way, I'm going to walk the line and say I'm in. I'll make it happen. I've wanted to go to Ashville, NC and stay there, ride to Deals Gap and back, for the past six years. It would make for a very long exciting ride for sure and Ashville is no slouch town, so the stay there would be fun as well.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

[thumbsup] I see what I've started is shaping up. gents I'm in. also I've never made my vacation plans so much in advance...maybe is time

to start doing that(act like a grown up ;D )

Hoss, how many people can fit into the room? I mean reasonably, so is not an overkill :-\

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

OK, just checked their website, it says 1 bed and one bunk bed. I see depending on personal preferences and budget you can go betwin
2-3 people in the room.
Also are any of you thinking of bringing a family with you? :-\ 'cause I'm not even sure if thats a good idea?

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts

i had one of the one bed/ one bunk rooms last year. plenty of room to sleep 4 assumming the two in the bed are comfortable with each other. sean actually got one of the apartments. sleeps the same way, but has a dining type room with couch and kitchenette also. There is only a total of 13-14 rooms... no hallways (motel)

the family issue depends on how durable they are , my girls (dog included) wouldnt work out so well. basically dads gone all day enjoying his life while they sit in a motel/one rest/one gas pump mtn hide away with a two lane road going by. the two lane road is full of jacked bikers screaming by. not that it couldnt be done though. evenings are spent around a fire pit drinking. if you want more attractions and resort type action there are other options, but further from the riding routes. Try fontana village if you want pool and other activities in the mtn area (11 miles from deals gap). we cancelled our rooms there last year for the two nights because deals was cheaper and more entertaining (bikers). http://www.fontanavillage.com/

i personally like parking my bike 5ft from my bed, and 20 yards from rt129.

FYI the resturant there is all bar type food. meaning good, but all fried. if you want any thing healthy besides 10% fruit juice pack your own stuff in.

deb as down there in the spring, she could possibly have some recommendations too...

marco are you serious about riding down? id like to do it, but would wnat to do each way in two days. one day could work, but would take the fun out of it.

again i cant stress enough to just put your name on a room. worst case you have a 24hr cancellation policy. i just know now, and into the spring clubs from all over the country have/make plans

·
Registered
3,225 Posts

nah Hoss, not riding there, taking the new RV, if we decide to buy one, and trailering the bikes but staying in Asheville, NC instead so we can have a fun time there as well. Then we ride the bikes from Asheville to Deals Gap. I kinda want to do some kayaking and mountain biking there as well so Asheville would be perfect.
check it out --> http://www.exploreasheville.com/index.aspx

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

...so, it does make no sense to drag the family. I'll take them to a track day instead ;D
I will reserve one room today as well. whats your room number, Hoss ?.....if you don't mind being a neighbor [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts

not sure of the room number. just give them my name and they will hook us up.

its good we are getting rooms so that when the rest of these guys finally get on board we can over charge them for a place to crash... [cheeky]

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

bighoss said:
its good we are getting rooms so that when the rest of these guys finally get on board we can over charge them for a place to crash... [cheeky]
hoss, good thinking [thumbsup]
i like capitalism...and i'm not a pig...yet ;D

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts

pm'd .... wouldnt want to post my last name... spankee may stalk me down >:D

1 - 20 of 437 Posts