Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a work shop manual a few weeks ago, the dealer told me it would take 2 weeks to get it in. It's been close to a month now and i did a follow up phone call. They told me that the work shop manual is not available anymore for the 620? What are my options now? the Haynes manual ?

thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,589 Posts
ebay. You'll find one there. Might be a xerox special, but you'll have it. The haynes is great for some things, but it's a number of years out of date.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
Contact some other dealers. They may have one on a shelf. Any decent dealer would have made some effort to find it for you other than just placing the order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,928 Posts
SP3 said:
Contact some other dealers. They may have one on a shelf. Any decent dealer would have made some effort to find it for you other than just placing the order.
Realistically, how much effort do you think a dealer is going to go to for something he's going to make about $12 on? Especially when it makes it easier not to use them for service?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Insert Quote
ebay. You'll find one there. Might be a xerox special, but you'll have it.
Ya, it's too expensive for a photo copy. I was looking at those at one point, but they want like $50 for shipping.. i'll pass

Contact some other dealers. They may have one on a shelf. Any decent dealer would have made some effort to find it for you other than just placing the order.
Ya, this is the most well respected one we have around. Good idea i'll phone the other ones and see if they have one sitting on a shelf. My dealer said they could order the Haynes one for me.. ( wonder what the mark up would be on that )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
We have all manuals mentioned above in stock.

Factory Service Manual - $174.69
Factory Manual CD - $69.95
Haynes Manual - $35.99
Desmotimes - $34.99
4-Ring binder for factory manual - $19.99

If you become a Titanium member here on Monster you will recieve a 10% discount on the above...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,494 Posts
ducatania said:
Realistically, how much effort do you think a dealer is going to go to for something he's going to make about $12 on? Especially when it makes it easier not to use them for service?
They should go to whatever it takes if they expect to retain customers.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ducatania said:
Realistically, how much effort do you think a dealer is going to go to for something he's going to make about $12 on? Especially when it makes it easier not to use them for service?
I would think that most of us will goof-up enough stuff that it would actually generate more business!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
ducatania said:
Realistically, how much effort do you think a dealer is going to go to for something he's going to make about $12 on? Especially when it makes it easier not to use them for service?
Realistially, check out DucSea's post:

DucSea said:
We have all manuals mentioned above in stock.

Factory Service Manual - $174.69
Factory Manual CD - $69.95
Haynes Manual - $35.99
Desmotimes - $34.99
4-Ring binder for factory manual - $19.99

If you become a Titanium member here on Monster you will recieve a 10% discount on the above...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
About a month or so ago, I was looking for the Haynes manual at Borders. I asked to get one on order and lady told me they have a revised one coming out. If I remember correctly, it was due in January or so. Go to your local book store and inquire for the exact date as I cant seem to remember.

Erik
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,897 Posts
ItsaDuc said:
About a month or so ago, I was looking for the Haynes manual at Borders. I asked to get one on order and lady told me they have a revised one coming out. If I remember correctly, it was due in January or so. Go to your local book store and inquire for the exact date as I cant seem to remember.

Erik
chris already has the revised versions available ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,928 Posts
howie said:
Realistially, check out DucSea's post:
DucSea has them on stock. The original post said they were no longer available from DNA and the comment was that his dealer should search high and low for one for him, rather than just trying to order one from DNA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
I left a $100 bill w/a dealer and borrowed thier manual.

$20 at a local Kinko's and restored the factory manual to original condition.

Returned to the local dealer and got my Ben Franklin back.

They're happy...I'm happy.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top