Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Simple and quick question (I hope)

I've had my 2007 695 in storage over 18 months. Just got it back. Obviously the battery is dead. I also have no f&@$ing idea where the red key is. So here's the question. If I buy and install a new battery will my black key be able to start it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Hello all.

Simple and quick question (I hope)

I've had my 2007 695 in storage over 18 months. Just got it back. Obviously the battery is dead. I also have no f&@$ing idea where the red key is. So here's the question. If I buy and install a new battery will my black key be able to start it?

Thanks in advance.
Yes. I just replaced a stone dead battery in my 07 695 this week and it started with the black key with no trouble.

Incidentally, while the battery was dead, I started it once with a jump start and several times by bumping it, all with the black key.

I did find at one point that I had to retighten all of the cables and pull and reset the fuses and pull and reset all of the cable connectors. I assume only one of them had worked lose during my jumping and bumping but I didn't know which one.

Tommy T.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. I just replaced a stone dead battery in my 07 695 this week and it started with the black key with no trouble.

Incidentally, while the battery was dead, I started it once with a jump start and several times by bumping it, all with the black key.

I did find at one point that I had to retighten all of the cables and pull and reset the fuses and pull and reset all of the cable connectors. I assume only one of them had worked lose during my jumping and bumping but I didn't know which one.

Tommy T.
Thanks Tommy. Just the response I was looking for!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts