Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to install a power outlet on my 696 so i can charge my phone & headset.

I am uncertain if there is a allowance for this in the wire loom i.e is there an accessory - fused circuit. I imagine the bike has a plug somewhere where the factory alarm plugs in but i just don't know and am unsure if it exists what its rated capacity would be or what the ramifications of excessive current draw might be on other sensitive systems on the bike e.g. ecu etc - I really only need a usb socket as all of my devices can charge from USB and i guess 1 amp peak would be sufficient with likly 200-300 mA steady draw when charging.

I have the semi rigid side bags fitted and would likely want to put a socket into one of the pods as they are apparently quiet weather resistant and my phone is not!

I would be grateful if anyone has some ideas or knowledge that they might share to help me with this.

Regards

Dan

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I would just make a wire up that plugs in to the battery tender lead that goes directly to the battery. That way you could charge the phone even if the bike is parked. Then when you store it, just unplug it and plug in the battery tender. If you don't have a battery tender lead, you need one. Getting to the battery to charge it isn't a 5 minute job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts