Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why there was no DNA pressence in Daytona this year?

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Hi Norm. I didn't know if you were still around - I haven't been on this forum for close to 2 years. I haven't been to the DDD myself since the last time I saw you there either '06 or '07. (We always chatted up there, and I'm the guy that loaned you a spare cam drive shaft when you were playing with the mountain motor concept.)

I saw on the list of events for the whole week that was some kind of activity supposedly at Daytona Ducati for the whole week. I've been so out of touch since I sold the Monster and the retro 900 track bike that I wasn't even aware that BMW Daytona was now the Ducati dealer as well. Last I knew it was out at Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona on I-95.

Not sure if DNA was involved or not. All I attended this year was the Int'l Motorcycle Show on the last Saturday. Kind of a let down for an "International" event, IMHO.

I still miss my Monster, but the last few years I have been supporting a BMW F650 dual sport that I ride all over the country and a 1983 BMW R80 ST that is almost sorted out enough to ride all over the country. Hanging out mostly on ADVrider.com these days. Occasionally see posts over there from Scott Nelson and a few other old-time members from here.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The *** guys in Deland have been giving me the DDD info but it just sounds a little fishy. I too, didn't know that the BMW shop was doing Ducati also. I don't get in there much because everyone knows that BMWs are for old people.
The mountain motor project is still alive but moving at a snail's pace. Hopefully I can get one or two done before I leave for good.
But hey, I made it to 60 the other day so I'm waay ahead of the game.
Anyway, it's nice to hear from you, most of the originals have disappeared, say hi to Scott for me and tell him his old bike is alive and well.
Any idea where Crazy George is?

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently they automatically edited out the club initials I refered to - it's Nick's group.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Heh heh, I see certain other groups are still a sore subject around here. I was invited over by Nick, but didn't join as the split in groups happened about the same time I was selling off the Ducatis and focusing on the Beemers. I've kept my membership here and all the specialty tools I made up for 2V motors "just in case".

No clue on Crazy George. I was still in touch with Reckless Kelly (Charles) for a while. I ended up on the STT Southern Division Staff from about 2006 - 2008 as a novice group instructor. Charles and his wife were the staff photographers for a season or two, but I lost touch after they left STT.

Good to hear you're still plugging away at the mountain motor concept.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts