Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I want a digital dash for my monster 2001 S4.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: DASH HELP EXPERTS PLEASE !!

well, i know they use different connectors now, but I would really like to rewire my currecnt connector so I can use a digital dash. I really like to know what I am seeing in terms of temperature, not to mention mileage this way.

Aynone have a wiring diagram for the analog speedo and temp as well a s 2002+ wiring diagram ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts

Oh man, I hate to say it, but you are SO on your own with this. *I* would suggest trying to find another gauge cluster (broken, etc) to cannabalize the connector from. That way, you minimise the splicing with your wiring harness. THAT, or try to source other wiring harness...

Another option is to find a racer close-ish to you that has installed a similar gauge on their race bike (not necessarily a Ducati) and see if they can help you.

Good luck!!!!
Chris

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Chris, well, since I am on my own on this, I took the initiative here. Well, apparently I have differnt connectors. I startted looking at hthe wiring diagram from the two years, and started making them. I got a conversion adapter. So all you out there, WE CAN GO DIGITAL !!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

one thing to be wary of... i don't know if the ECU for the '01 s4 "knows" how to send signals to an '02's digital display.
i suppose you could plug in an ECU off an '02 s4 to remedy this but other things may get affected (such as one radiator fan coming on rather than both, etc...)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

update.....already ahead of you there. Got a little "black box" for my 01. Ducati's are realy easy !! lol.....helps being a electrical eng.

I hsould have this up and running by this weekend. Spent alot of time with the scope this weekend taking wave forms. I'll post them here soon.

Strai, interested in a new dash now ? hehehe

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Hmm...Do you have any pics of the dash? Also...depending on what it looks like, would you consider making another for some money?? ::) Or kinda give me some pointers on how you went about it. I put on my cycle cats and now I am looking for a way to get a lower profile speedo, etc.

any idea if you could get somthing like the one below to work on a 99 m750??? heh I am no electrical engineer

http://www.dakotadigital.com/Detail.cfm/-/Category=63/PartNumber=HLY-3015/product.htm

mnn...that would be sweet ;D
oh, and congrats on getting yours to work, good to see someone trying new stuff.

Aaron
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts