Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still pretty green here...I was out riding lastnight, and my bike died on me. Thankfully I was close to the house when it happened...This happened after coming down pretty hard after a wheely. What's going on now is it does get power (you can hear it) the horn works, but no lights and it will not turn over at all. The dash will not illuminate at all, but the front light does come on when I turn the key to the parking posistion.

I'm hoping that I just knocked something loose any ideas?

·
Banned
897 Posts
Probably right, something is loose. Check the fuses, relays and the little white connector in the starter solenoid.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
What year? Maybe the main relay under the seat.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2002 S4

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
On the earlier bikes(carbed) if the main relay under the seat goes bad the symptoms are very similar to what you describe. I'm not sure about the horn. I would check those relays. There is another thread here that describes a bypass procedure for it.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
....also check the clutch micro switch connector behind/under the lever. It disables the starter. Mine came loose and I was getting cut out symptons just yesterday. The connector had gotten loose. All good now.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry it's taken me a min to reply here...I get stuck on stupid from time to time. Did a closer inspection of my fuses and that was the issue :embarassed:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.