Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one? They look good but I am wondering if the work well with being so small. I am probably going to try one so I will have a Dark OEM screenup for sale .If anyone is interested, IM me.

H

·
0 Posts
I read somewhere that they actually work BETTER than the stock fairing. Let me know if it does!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Herb, I'll post my $0.02 when I get it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Have one and love it. Solid, nearly invisible and does a great job of taking the bulk of the air blast off your chest. Not like riding a regular faired bike, of course, but a perfect compromise in my mind. If you have a specific question, let me know. thanks,
mike

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As a result of me ordering the Dart I now have Dark Duc windsheild fairing up for sale. IM me if you are interested.

M

·
0 Posts
I think you'll really like the Dart. I have one on my 620 and it looks great and does a decent job of deflecting air. It is very sturdy and doesn't wobble or deflect in the wind blast. If you're fairly tall you will still get some wind blast to the head because it's really not all that big. But I sure noticed it immediately on my bike. My roommate put one on his S4 and the results were a bit poorer. Because of the slightly taller bar and instrument placement of the S4 there is less of the Dart above the instruments deflecting the air so you get less effective protection from it. But it is much better than the flexy stock fairing. Enjoy it and have fun!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered my Dart the other day and now it is held up in the UK Postal strike :( Hope they settle soon as I have Partus Interruptus.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have one, and I'm satisfied. Half the price of a DP fairing and much better performance. Dead solid stable with no buffeting and very unobtrusive. Blends in with the overall look of the bike.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
am I reading it wrong or are they really selling that fairing for $120?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are reading right. And the $120 includes shipping !

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I have one also. They are easy to take off and put on, but rock solid when on. No flapping about like the stock screen, and no effects on steering at high speeds. Note that it mainly serves to take the pressure off your chest - it isn't meant to be a full fairing, but for long trips it is wonderful. I tend to take it off most of the time and put it on for longer trips.

Here's what it looks like on my bike:

T

·
0 Posts
Another happy user here :). It took 15 min to install - very cool looking and quite effective.

The Dude

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All these positive reviews are killing me. My screen is stuck in the frozen UK Royal Mail ???

S

·
0 Posts
Hi all

I just logged into DML to be greeted by so many positive remarks about the flyscreen! Thank you all - it makes the effort worthwhile.

Couple of points - I'm afraid there's going to be a price rise in December! The reason for this is the disparity between the dollar and the pound - the screen is supposed to be GBP 80 and it's currently working out about 12 quid less than that, so I'm going to raise the dollar selling price. It's going up to USD 135. Sorry about that, but needs must. Shipping is still included in the price and I still think it's pretty good value. All November orders will be at USD120.

Secondly, as I'm doing my annual website reorganisation, I wondered if I could add a few pics to the gallery? Any shots gratefully received, as I'm a bit bored of the pictures of my bike..

Lastly, my apologies to those who are affected by the postal strike here in the UK. Rest assured as soon as there is a settlement I will get your orders out immediately.

All the best

Steve Sleddon
Dart Flyscreens

1 - 20 of 38 Posts