Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Dang this Section is dead, where is everyone at?

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  alape8 
#1 ·
I'm up in Northern Colorado and just wanted to say hey since I'm new to the Ducati scene. We should get a ride together soon seeing as the weather is warming up. Be nice to meet some of you!

-Mike

#3 ·
There is a great route that i like to take going through fort collins, through horsetooth, through masonville, and north to come out on co-14. It's a great ride with little traffic once through horsetooth.

How's the s2r treating you? I'm loving my duck more and more every time i ride it!

#5 ·
Weekend's would be better for me. Can never be 100% sure when I'll finish work during the week days. Plus it's a decently long ride, especially for Denver peeps. From Denver it'd be a solid 4-5 hours i'd say.

#7 ·
Just picked up a 695, and also just moved out of FoCo down to Denver back in May. I think I know what route you're talking about...another good one is to run through Pouder Canyon, across Stove Prairie, and down Rist (or you can come in the south end of Horsetooth). Good 60~90 minute jaunt when you get the time.
If you guys ever decide to put something together let me know! Maybe a couple of us can head up from Denver as a group

#10 ·
Been looking for something in the S2R range. The sooner I get the BMW sold, the faster I can focus on getting money saved up for tires for my car for next season (BMW 3 series coupes are known for eating rear tires) which will allow me to start looking for my first Duc.

#12 ·
My 3 series is my daily driver/winter wheels (AWD). I don't need tires desperately since the ones I'm replacing are my summer performance tires (I have a set of winters I put on later this time of year).

#13 ·
I'm hoping that next year I can come over and join you guys for rides or move back to the Rockies. I'm in Pampa, Texas and Liberal, Kansas now. I live in Texas work in Kansas. I started working in the oil industry in Grand Junction in 10 but was asked to move after 4 months. I'm still undecided if I made a mistake in saying yes honestly. Regardless, I want back towards the mountains one way or the other. I wish I could say I'll make it this year but I'm just not sure I can seeing as I still haven't purchased a bike yet. I'll do what I can to help liven this section up once I do get a bike. I moved from Georgia to Colorado in 10 for a reason, and dammit, that reason is still burning strong inside of me, lol.

PS, anyone know of any engineering jobs in the Denver area? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.