Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I went for a ride tonight, her on the 696 and me the the Fz1. About 50 miles in we came to stop sign, I turned left first and she never followed. I turned and went back, the 696 was stuck in first gear and would not come out, no wiggle room whatsoever. It's locked in the down position and you can't get it out.

We went and grabbed the truck and loaded it up. Noticed once we got it in the truck that the there was oil running down the engine and sitting in puddles in some spots.

The worst part of this is the bike only has 2k miles on it, actually turned two tonight. I bought it brand new 8 months ago, and it spent the first two months in the shop with electrical problems. Now first week above 50 outside and it's heading back to the shop. I just want to ride the frickin thing, but am scared to leave to far from home because of the four warm enough rides to ride I've had the bike, it's been in the shop for two of those.

Anyway, sorry just needed to rant.:mad:

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Anyone know anything about the Ducati extended warranty?
Didn't get it myself, but what I learned about Ever Red when I investigated is that you can start it anytime your bike is still under factory warranty. (I think it goes active at the end of the original warranty). If my memory is any good (always risky!) you can get a 1, 2 or 3 year extension, each with a different cost of course. The dealer can confirm what is and is not covered but I heard everything from chain adjustment to break/fix on any factory parts are included (not aftermarket, non Ducati accessories). I think maintenance items like brake pads, spark plugs, filters, tires, etc. are excluded. In my view - generally a good value if you're not equipped for, or skilled at servicing stuff on your own. Might actually help the resale value too.

Sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with this one. Hope you get it sorted in time for riding season.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I'm going to ask them about it when I go back to get it, I'm cooled down now but I was pretty heated the other night. I know it's just luck of the drawl. I could have gotten one and never had a problem with it at all, but I seem to have got the lemon.

The problem is I've got a Yamaha and Kawasaki and had them for 6 and 3 years and never had to fix anything on either. I guess I finally replaced the battery last year on the Yamaha if that counts. lol

Bikes should be simple, you put oil in them, keep them clean, replace stuff when needed, and keep in on charge during the winter and it always runs. When you've owned a bike and 33 percent of it's life it's been in the shop getting fixed just makes you want to never go back to that brand of bike.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm going to ask them about it when I go back to get it, I'm cooled down now but I was pretty heated the other night. I know it's just luck of the drawl. I could have gotten one and never had a problem with it at all, but I seem to have got the lemon.

The problem is I've got a Yamaha and Kawasaki and had them for 6 and 3 years and never had to fix anything on either. I guess I finally replaced the battery last year on the Yamaha if that counts. lol

Bikes should be simple, you put oil in them, keep them clean, replace stuff when needed, and keep in on charge during the winter and it always runs. When you've owned a bike and 33 percent of it's life it's been in the shop getting fixed just makes you want to never go back to that brand of bike.
I would be trading that bike in. I bet the dealer wouldnt take it though!!! Just for fun ask him to give you a price on a trade.

Seriously, You have had too many problems with this bike. I wish you the best. It sucks not being able to ride a brand new bike because it is a lemon.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts