Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
wabill, off topic but I see you have a fz-07 in your stable. what's the scoop on the twin?
It's my "goto" around town bike. Great bike right out of the box, no fueling issues, great ride and it handles well in the curves with my 175 rider weight aboard. I've done a bit of cosmetic stuff but not much.

·
Registered
322 Posts
wabil, nice goto bike. i think the new yamaha fz series is awesome. styling is transformer, but then so is the look of the new supercharged H2. like it all.

Back to Danmoto, the backorder of the carbon exhaust was more serious than first thought, delivery due first part of January.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I've got a set of their carbonfiber slip ons behind an M600 and they sound very nice. Quality is surprising. Not even considering price tho they're good. The carbon weave material doesn't have loose frayed edges or around rivet holes. The welds on the spring loops are sturdy and neat.
Maybe the cheapest looking part of their silencers are the mounting straps but even they came with rubber isolation strips. A high dollar touch in my opinion.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I rec'd the db killers quickly from danmoto, but have no db to kill... still waiting on amaz$n for the backordered cans. Looks like you install the baffles on the intake end of the exhaust - as per the instructions some filing/beatage may be required.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine were all good...

Bough the SS version for my 1100 Evo. They sound great and look OK. Very light so they fit on without a bracket and as many others stated, you can touch the outer shroud of the muffler without getting burned. Paid some $200 incl shipping and the fit is pretty decent (you will need to twist and wiggle them a bit). Make sure you mount the mid-pipe the right way round ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mbussado, I see you have a very unique headlight set up. Is that from madass scooters? It's totally crazy but I dig it. Any advice on how to get and install...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had them on a previous bike and just got them on the new monster... no complaints. Are they 2k dollar termis? No .... don't expect them to be and you wont be dissapointed. Yes, you have to figure out the mounting straps and how to get the bolts to hold it all in place and align them but they are simple and do the job for <$300, what more could you want. Oh yea, they sound FANTASTIC!

-

·
Registered
322 Posts
After waiting for my new carbon exhausts since Thanksgiving, Amazon out of the blue cancelled my order!! I contacted both Amazon and Danmoto to get the low down - my take away was that Amazon was trying sell below cost. I notice that their current price is $288 versus the original $204.
Went ahead and ordered direct from Danmoto for $264. Prompt shipping -they'll be here Monday.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Got the new carbon exhausts for 796 with baffles/db killers direct from Danmoto. I would suggest going direct if you're interested in this exhaust, much better service than third parties.

They look really awesome on the bike, and fit fine with a little very minor finessing (as you might expect for $300). A spring pulling tool would be helpful for installing the springs, but vise grips will work. Springs are included.

Even with the optional baffles they are LOUD. VERY LOUD. REALLY LOUD.

They look so good I may have to learn to live with the "excessive noise" tickets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
has anyone had to put a FI controller on theirs with the DanMoto and K&N filter? i havent been able to ride with mine yet but if it is advised then i can do it over the winter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like you install the baffles on the intake end of the exhaust - as per the instructions some filing/beatage may be required.
I find this bit interesting - it seems like most of the people are not doing this?

I'm interested in a set of these pipes, but I am concerned about noise. I'm really just looking for something that's lighter and better looking than stock, while sounding a little better - a previous owner did a (terrible) bafflectomy job and I'm trying to figure out how noisy the Danmoto conicals or carbons are in comparison.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I just weighed the stock cans again and got 15 lbs (pair). The carbon DanMotos were 6 lbs (pair). So, they're 9 lbs lighter which is an almost 1 hp freebie as a by-product (10 lbs weight reduction equals 1 hp increase). Less weight up high is nice as well.
Noise... when I first got them I thought they were too loud, out of my concern that the neighbors would chase me down the street with pitchforks. But I decided to try them for a while, and realistically no one seems annoyed in the least. They sound is pretty cool, especially going thru the gears. Not as muted as Termi's, more aggressive.
I would buy them again, knowing what I know now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
There was a pair of low mount carbon cans on my 620 when I bought it. Quality seemed fine, welds looked good, but overall they were just a bit crude in design. Mounts were simple pieces of stainless flat stock with a bunch of spacers stacked to line it up. No bands under the rivets on the ends of the carbon cans, and tips
with no rolled edge that looked ricer to me.

Having said that, they damn near give these things away so what do you expect. So if you're on a tight budget go for it, but I bought my high mount FBF's used for about what you would pay for new DanMoto's.

And BTW these things are LOUD with the baffles (and not even a good loud), without them expect a ton of unwanted attention!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got the new carbon exhausts for 796 with baffles/db killers direct from Danmoto. I would suggest going direct if you're interested in this exhaust, much better service than third parties.

They look really awesome on the bike, and fit fine with a little very minor finessing (as you might expect for $300). A spring pulling tool would be helpful for installing the springs, but vise grips will work. Springs are included.

Even with the optional baffles they are LOUD. VERY LOUD. REALLY LOUD.

They look so good I may have to learn to live with the "excessive noise" tickets.
Before my Boom Tubes ordeal, I ordered a pair of Danmoto carbon slipons for my S2R 800. They are still on my bike with no issues. They sound and look great for the style, and i would definitely recommend them to anyone on a budget. I paid $150 for mine (over a year ago), and I opted to go direct as well. I received mine in under a week. Their customer service is also top notch.
A lot of people hesitate on these due to the brand, but i will reiterate that quality is certainly top notch. Strong welds on all parts, and they really provide a strong, deep sound to your bike.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts