Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Dan Moto exhaust systems? I have recently seen them online and haven't seen much about them. The price is very attractive and the build quality appears good, but I'm not sure. Hoping for a bit of insight.

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool. That sounds great. It seems that the company in general is fairly new and the system that the just out out for the monster was just released in November I think. Anyway, I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'm interested in these exhausts also. I could not find anyone who has used them on a monster, but some guys with hondas and aprilias have used them with good results.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have seen that too. I have only see one monster with them. It was a short you tube video with no feedback. they sounded great though!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, I just saw a guy post on you tube that he put one on a Ninja 650r and it burned completely in half after 150 miles. He did get a full refund though and recommended the titanium version only to say that that isnt offerd for the Monster yet. This is the only example that i have heard of where someone had a problem with the Dan Moto exhaust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the titanium version for the monster is on ebay. just type in ducati monster s2r and it'll come up, it's slightly more expensive around 220 i think.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wonder why they don't make it for the standard monster (not including 696 and up)? Seems like less bends and easier. I sent them an email but they simply replied that they don't have it...

·
Registered
82 Posts
How about Remus? I'm looking for a new exhaust system for a 06' S2R 800 and dont know what to get. Arrow and Termignoni are above my price range right now. I also dont know if the slip ons or the full system is the best way to go. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
remus is a good exhaust company, they make a nice product. full system should yield the most power, so my thought's are to always go full if you can.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I sent Dan Moto an email with a few questions. Here are his answers and a picture:

A power gain of about 3 on the 800 and around 5hp on the 1000 is realistic.

On youtube is a video of the carbon cans on the bike, i attached also
a picture to this email.

The titanium cans are identical except the sleeve material.

The Ninja 650R is normaly not suitable for carbon fiber exhausts. The
exhaust can sits directly at the headers,even partialy covered with
the fairing.
It gets very hot very fast.
Carbon fiber has a technical limit, at about 220-230 degrees celcius
the resin of the CF becomes soft.
If you ride a 650R very hard or make burnouts/similar the exhaust
sleeve can reach this temperature and would fail.

That's the reason nearly nobody makes a carbon fiber exhaust for the
650R. We still make them because the demand is very big and most
riders won't have a problem with it. If really something happens,it's
covered by our warranty.

On the Monster and 99% of all other bikes you don't need to worry
about this. The exhaust does not get soo hot on the outside.

With best regards
Dan Dan
cid:DF887676-D715-4688-8002-932155ADDD77/EX00137_7.jpg

·
Registered
233 Posts
By the way, I just saw a guy post on you tube that he put one on a Ninja 650r and it burned completely in half after 150 miles. He did get a full refund though and recommended the titanium version only to say that that isnt offerd for the Monster yet. This is the only example that i have heard of where someone had a problem with the Dan Moto exhaust.
it's important information yet,do you have a link to that post in youtube?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do have the link. The video is after it was first put on and before it burned up. See the comments in the video. Here you go:

1 - 20 of 115 Posts