Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Ebay I see a lot of dampers off of 748's, 996's, etc. that are selling very cheaply. I was wondering if it was possible to modify one of these or it's mounting brackets to fit my 03 620? It would save me a LOT of money. The other alternitive is spending $400 on a new system. Hmm. If I can do it for less money that's a good thing.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I think you would have to be able to machine a bracket to mount it to the frame. Thats the hard part.

G

·
On Ebay I see a lot of dampers off of 748's, 996's, etc. that are selling very cheaply. I was wondering if it was possible to modify one of these or it's mounting brackets to fit my 03 620? It would save me a LOT of money. The other alternitive is spending $400 on a new system. Hmm. If I can do it for less money that's a good thing.
you probably could. note it would have to be oriented across the frame as on the SBK's because of how little travel they have. for the effort/cost of fabbing up brackettry, i'd say just go with a conventional monster-specific damper. the take-offs from the SBK's are cheap for a reason. they're non-adjustable and kinda shoddy.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I've got several of those dampers if you'd like to experiment with one, but I don't think you're going to get it to work well. Also, don't forget, they are non-adjustable. Stuart sells a nice, adjustable one for about $125. Many of us have used them & they work great.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You mean stuart at Spareshack? I'll check that avenue out. I's like to save a few bucks but not at the expense of a half assed, crappy mod. That's not a good option. Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where on the spareshack site do they have the $125 damper you were talking about?

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Two Bros racing has the Matris under triple clamp damper on close-out for $255! A very nice unit.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That matris one they have for sale will not work on the 2003 ducati monsters. I already called them to ask. Those ones they have on clearance are for older models. Too bad. They said they will not be getting any more of them in anytime soon either. That was the first place I looked.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dang. He never got back to me so I guess they're gone. Too bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts