Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Rode the bike three days straight...it was cold, but so aweet....hurry up spring!
yeah, 28 degrees first thing in the morning is no fun. especially when you live as far south as i do. sheesh. made me wish for a fairing bigger than the little thing on the front of my S4.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
in my area, the cold weather is starting to break. the past 3 days of 55+, but the next 4 days, rain. gay!
You're from Finland? Sweden perhaps?..... It's bike season now here in Denmark :)
I've seen a few riders(including myself!)ride the "cold gauntlet".

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, 28 degrees first thing in the morning is no fun. especially when you live as far south as i do. sheesh. made me wish for a fairing bigger than the little thing on the front of my S4.
It is alleged that there are windscreens that will directly replace the lil one that is on the bikini fairing. It sits up just enough to cut the air and over your head. It may help!

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
It is alleged that there are windscreens that will directly replace the lil one that is on the bikini fairing. It sits up just enough to cut the air and over your head. It may help!
it's not the air hitting my helmet that was the problem. lol. let's just say, it was nice getting off the bike and getting blood flow back to certain parts of the body. i like the naked look of the Monster, i wouldn't want to ruin it with full fairings, but on rides like that, getting the wind around you would be nice. i guess i'll just have to buy a cruiser with full fairings like a Moto Guzzi California.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
in my area, the cold weather is starting to break. the past 3 days of 55+, but the next 4 days, rain. gay!
it was 70 here yesterday. of course now we have 3 days of rain as well. sheesh.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's been 50+ here for the last month, and this morning, snow... Effen Oregon weather!

·
Registered
215 Posts
You're from Finland? Sweden perhaps?..... It's bike season now here in Denmark :)
I've seen a few riders(including myself!)ride the "cold gauntlet".
no i'm in southern indiana/louisville, ky area. i had to do a couple cold laps myself. the bike will talk you into it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
just got out for the first time this season. Gas run. It was 37 out and my new Scorpion Deuce pants were one of the warmest parts of my body. I would be happy to rip to work in 20 degree weather as soon as they get the $#!t off the roads from this winter that will never end!

09 m1100

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
We got out (Cincy) last weekend. You're right it was frickin cold, but it was nice to get out and ride instead of just dreaming about it. Commmon warm weather!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts