Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first ticket today by a stealth chp camaro. wanted to write me up for reckless and speeding, but only got the speeding (clocked at 90 in a 65). Good thing he I had slowed down a few moments before :eek: How fu$ked am i with insurance for all you hooligans that have been pulled over? Hopefully I can do traffic school. For those who ride in the bay area watch out for those undercovers on 580, it seemed as if there doing some sort of sting today.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on 580. I'll be on 580 later today.
I've never gotten a ticket, knock on wood, so I can't help you with your insurance question.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Enter not guilty plea. Go to court. Talk to the prosecutor before the hearing. It will almost always knock the ponts down or even change your ticket to a non-points-carrying violation. You'll likely still pay the fine but reduce or eliminate your points.

Good luck

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
580 is a long road. It goes all the way between Richmond and Tracy. Where exactly did you get nailed at?

And shouldn't this one go in the SFBMHA area rather than General?

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got nailed right before the canal st exit just before the Richmond/San Rafael Bridge (less than 5 minutes to my workplace). I put in the general section to make all my fellow monster riders to watch for stealthy five-o (i.e. chp camaros here in CA, and state trooper mustangs when i lived in MA, probably some others in different states). I scan the road often, in front and in back, and that chp camaro came out of nowhere....just a heads up for all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Those Camaros are quite sneaky with those low profile LED light bars. The emblems on the side doors are also reduced in size. I almost overtook and passed one in traffic (not on a monster because I don't have one yet...sigh) before I realized what it was. That would have been embarrassing.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Thanks! for posting this Taf, Marty and I both use 580 and it is a haven for "The Man". They tend to hang right at the on ramp off golden gate fields all the way to sir francis drake blvd. Hope you get to go to traffic school :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry to hear about the ticket. I have the fun of looking out for plain rapper crown vic's , suburban's , volvo's , expadition's and a few mustang's now and then . and just thought I saw a trooper in a f150 tooling the freeway by my house the other night . I'm sure there are a couple of other car's and truck's that are used up here . I'd get a lawyer mine got me off on a technacality for a 99 in a 60 well worth the $300 it cost me not to have it on my record at all .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts