Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wish this wasn't my first post here but. . . Last week went for a slide on my 01 chromo 900. The bike is basically not bad, the issue is the tank. A small dent and scratch. The replacement cost is $3,602. Yep!! Can't believe it myself. It put's the total repair cost at 6500. Which is wholesale value of the bike. Retail is about 8500. My concern is they will probably total it. Anyone know any reliable sources for two thing's. First, an accurate way to argue the real value of this bike with the insurance company. Second, someone who could possibly help with the tank damage. Even if it's never perfect. My scar's will be permenant as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Ouch! I've posted before that I was happy with tank repair by Bill Seplow at North Andover Auto Body, but chrome is a whole 'nuther thing.

I suggest you post over on the main board for some general guidance on what it takes to restore a damaged chromo.

Would you consider reverting to paint?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I would consider it. If they total the bike, I'll buy it back and put some sticker's over the dent's for now. If not, I would have them replace it with a painted tank, then see what I could do with the chrome one later. Dealer said it could take forever to get a chome tank form Italy anyway. I'm just trying to get riding while there's some weather left. When this deal is said and done, I'll ask you for a name and number and contact that shop in Andover.

Thanks Don.

S

·
0 Posts
repair the dent and then paint just the sides of the tank instead of the whole thing. that way, you've still got a bunch of the actual chrome going on (BLING!) but painting the sides will add an interesting aesthetic touch that'll cover the troublespots. roadracing makes polished aluminum tanks with colored sides that may give you an idea of what it'll look like. i'm not gonna post the pic cuz it'll tap their site's bandwidth perpetually posting, but follow this link for an example:

http://www.roadracing.it/gallery/Gmonster06.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts