Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Versus Network (formerly OLN) will be carrying Dakar Rally coverage again this year. Same format as before with daily highlights segments.

Race and coverage here in the US will begin Jan 6. To find the schedule hidden in the Versus website, click on the Series link and look for the Dakar picture/link.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
You're gonna make me look for the link? Man.....

[laugh]

Thanks for the heads up though. I would have forgot. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Great...can we have more coverage this time of a Nascar driver that sucks and just makes excuses for it? Because OLN didn't do that nearly enough! ::) (to those who don't know WTF I'm saying, that's all that OLN covered and instead of watching the real competitors, we were stuck with way too many interviews from a retarted Nascar driver.)

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
superjohn said:
You're gonna make me look for the link? Man.....
Yeah, I know.... I didn't even bookmark it for myself, though.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
fasterblkduc said:
Great...can we have more coverage this time of a Nascar driver that sucks and just makes excuses for it? Because OLN didn't do that nearly enough! ::) (to those who don't know WTF I'm saying, that's all that OLN covered and instead of watching the real competitors, we were stuck with way too many interviews from a retarted Nascar driver.)
Whaaaaaaa :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Versus will air all month long . It is great that that will be offered again for people to see it. I hope people will watch it . Not a lot of fans around here in the states. Kind of reminds me of MotoGP. If its got motorcycles I will watch it. Hopefully more and more tv companies will start to recognize the importance of motorcycle events. More fans = more airtime Racing, rally style, motogp, motorcross and all other . maybe someday motorcycle racing will be on the same level as Nascar.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
fasterblkduc said:
Have you ever been to a NASCAR race? Or an IRL race or a Champ car race or Moto GP race or an NHRA Top Fuel race or a Rolex race or do you just whine about what you want to see on TV instead of actually going to the venue?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
kopfjager said:
Have you ever been to a NASCAR race? Or an IRL race or a Champ car race or Moto GP race or an NHRA Top Fuel race or a Rolex race or do you just whine about what you want to see on TV instead of actually going to the venue?
I've been going to races since I was a kid. I have attended a rather wide variety of racing, have racing family members, worked on pit crews, as well as raced a variety of cars/bikes myself. Does that meet your requirements for expressing opinions about bad racing coverage? I was under the impression that this was a forum for discussing racing. Racing coverage should be open for discussion. Or maybe a better question is WTF is your problem? Was that offensive to you in any way? If not, why are you attacking me? ???

·
Registered
384 Posts
fasterbikduc > kopfjager

PWNED [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
fasterblkduc said:
I've been going to races since I was a kid. I have attended a rather wide variety of racing, have racing family members, worked on pit crews, as well as raced a variety of cars/bikes myself. Does that meet your requirements for expressing opinions about bad racing coverage? I was under the impression that this was a forum for discussing racing. Racing coverage should be open for discussion. Or maybe a better question is WTF is your problem? Was that offensive to you in any way? If not, why are you attacking me? ???
The original post was that the Dakar Rally was going to be covered on Versus Network. Not what else is covered on that channel. If you don't like NASCAR coverage push the little button on your remote and change the channel. You didn't offend me, I just get sick of listening to people whine about motorsports coverage. That is WTF my problem is.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
kopfjager said:
The original post was that the Dakar Rally was going to be covered on Versus Network. Not what else is covered on that channel. If you don't like NASCAR coverage push the little button on your remote and change the channel. You didn't offend me, I just get sick of listening to people whine about motorsports coverage. That is WTF my problem is.
Ok, genius. If you would have watched the race last year, you would have known that a NASCAR DRIVER COMPETED IN IT! I wasn't talking about NASCAR coverage, I was talking about the DAKAR. So, what was your question again, Mr. bigshot race fan? ::) Do I actually watch the races?...yes, yes I do. Do you? [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
No I don't watch the Dakar, maybe cilps here and there but not enough to know there was a NASCAR driver in the race. I would assume though that it was this years winner of the BAJA. I do watch almost every race event televised if I can. I also try and make it to at least one of the premier events from each form of motorsports. AMA, IRL,CHAMP,NHRA,ROLEX,NASCAR,World of Outlaws and anything else I can get to. I have been doing it since I was young as well, actually 16 yrs longer than you. I will pretty much go and watch any type of racing I can. Hell I will even come and watch you race.

·
Registered
21 Posts
http://www.dakar.com/2007/DAK/LIVE/us/300/index.html This is the place. Available for anyone that is interested.
One note I signed up for the rally- live for $12.00 and did not seem to get much . Thought it would be like Motogp suscription , but it is not. Few videos and lots of pics but wanted more coverage. Motogp.com got me spoiled.
Just watch The Versus and get news from Dakar.com or other sources.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
fasterblkduc said:
he didn't get much coverage this year due to him driving a car twice as big as all the others out there. apparently hummers aren't that great to drive in teh dakar [laugh]. not the best year for gordon/hummer...and that pretty much made me happy.

btw--i wish they sold the little mitsu pajeros here, instead of just the bigger monteros

1 - 14 of 14 Posts