Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for some riding boots for quite a while now. I was looking for something with at least average protection, but that I could also wear all day and still look normal. I ended up getting the Daineese tt2 short boot, and so far they seem to be meeting my expectations.

The leather is pretty soft, it seems softer than the leather on the Sidi that I was looking at. Because of that they seem pretty flexable, which is something I wanted. Thery are by no means broken in yet, but walking in them is real easy. The boot comes up about 3 or 4 inches from your ankle, and is tied with laces. There is a velcro strap just below where the boot starts going up over your shin. The laces are kind of wierd, like they are hard to get "tight" when you tie the boot. I will probably end up getting some new laces that are long enough to tuck down under the velcro strap.

All in all I'm pretty happy with them. They offer far more protection than my normal shoes, but not as much as a full on riding boot. To me it's a compromise, and when there is serious riding to be done I'll eventually have a boot to fit THAT bill.

Here is a link to the boot
http://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?ProdID=107

Alpinestar and Sidi both make a boot comparable to these as far as function goes. The Alpinestar "ridge" is a short boot, and they also have a taller boot called the ROAM that looks to be the same just a bit higher.

T

·
0 Posts
I was looking at the Dainese TTR boot. I like the look and it appears good for "around town" riding.

What's your view?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SO far I give it 10 stars man. It "broke in" really fast...3 days it seems. I wear it at work all day and it's transparent that it's on my foot. I have ZERO problems with it. Jeans fit over it perfect. It looks REAL normal under jeans and is comfortable to wear all day long! You can feel the brake and gear levers fine, which is something I like to feel.

10 stars

1 - 6 of 6 Posts