Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I have something similar made by Sixsixone. Pro bomber shorts

Evertime I ride while wearing jeans, I wear the pro bomber shorts along with knee/shin guards. It just needs a liitle getting used to and access to my jeans pockets is somewhat harder because of the padding. But at least it offers more protection than just the jeans themselves.

Allan

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
AllanRR said:
I have something similar made by Sixsixone. Pro bomber shorts

Evertime I ride while wearing jeans, I wear the pro bomber shorts along with knee/shin guards. It just needs a liitle getting used to and access to my jeans pockets is somewhat harder because of the padding. But at least it offers more protection than just the jeans themselves.

Allan
It looks a bit too much like man stockings, but it looks like a great way to put an extra layer of protection in there.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
The pic I posted is a bit misleading. There is actually no white inner layer to the shorts (probably just to photograph better) but just a full mesh/net construction. I guess this aids in breathability.
When I first put on the shorts along with my knee/shin guards, before putting on my jeans, I caught my reflection in a mirror and actually laughed out loud ;D

[Austin Powers /On]
Does this make you horny? Grraaawwwwwlllll
[Austin Powers /Off]
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

....and no, I will NOT post pics ;D

Allan

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey Kop,
I've been using the Impact Modular Short because they are like the pro-short, however the "hard" armor is velcroed onto "Soft" armor, so you can use the shorts for multiple applications.

Check em out!

www.dainese.com

Best Regards,

Michael
Dainese D-Store Manager
1645 Superior Ave
Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Is protecting your hips really worth making your ass look big?

Seriously though, I don't really see how this is any easier or better than just wearing riding pants. Either way is a pain, but at least the riding pants offer real protection.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just asking if anyone uses this product, if you don't, move along.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
kopfjager said:
Just asking if anyone uses this product, if you don't, move along.
Geez, sorry. Don't get all upset!

·
Registered
126 Posts
From what I understand the benefit of this type of "underarmour" is that it stays put better in a crash/slide as the abrasion resistant outer material (say Draggin Jeans, or in the case of upper body "underarmour", your MC Jacket) is free to move around a bit. In other words, the padding stands a better chance of being where you want it.

Too bad there is still no protection for "manbits", I have heard of some nasty injuries draggin the crotch area over sharply styled tanks & screens. I will say that the side/rear protection looks outstanding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts