Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are some pretty good deals at d-store's clearance rack for "summer" jackets. i remember how hot it gets here in socal during summer & think it would be a good idea to pick one up. my perforated leathers just don't seem to provided enough ventilation for those days above 90f.

my question is which of the 2 jackets would be more protective in your opinion? conventional wisdom says nevada coz its leather. however, it's a very lightweight leather. fabric on zentex looks tough, but i'm concerned about the mesh portions. anyone out there w/ crash experience in either of these jackets?

dainese zentex
http://www.dainese.com/eng/articolo.asp?cat=1,2,3,7&nome=ZENTEX_Tex&articolo=1734992
dainese nevada
http://www.dainese.com/eng/articolo.asp?cat=1,2,3,7&nome=NEVADA&articolo=1533522

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
You should email ([email protected]) or PM Michael at the Costa Mesa D-Store. His DML name is "DaineseUSA." He would be happy to answer your questions.

Michael
Dainese D-Store Manager
1645 Superior Ave
Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627

Dave

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
C Fresh said:
What is the weight on the Nevada leather?
i'd say its at least 20% lighter than the bora. leather seems like its less than 1 mm thickness though i can't be sure. i believe its the lightest leather jacket offered in the dainese line.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
ashe said:
there are some pretty good deals at d-store's clearance rack for "summer" jackets.
What's the price for the Nevada and how do you get to the clearance items on line? Love that Nevada jacket but the cheapest price of seen is over $400, which is a bit ridiculous for a jacket that light.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Archimedes said:
What's the price for the Nevada and how do you get to the clearance items on line? Love that Nevada jacket but the cheapest price of seen is over $400, which is a bit ridiculous for a jacket that light.
i best leave that to be answered by mike @ d-store. i promise you will be surprisingly pleased.

mike,

any thoughts on my question regarding nevada vs zentex?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
ashe said:
i best leave that to be answered by mike @ d-store. i promise you will be surprisingly pleased.
Ya, he emailed me. Good price. Thinking about it. Hate to buy stuff like this mail order though. Fit is key.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Zentex: A very nice textile jacket that really seems to be more durable than lets say, the older G. Air jacket that Dainese manufactured. The older G. Air would fray, and velcro was death to that jacket! The Zentex has maximum air flow with the chest, arms, and even back of the jacket perforated. This jacket will accept the wave G1 and G2 back protector.
The blue, yellow, and orange are on clearance. These colors are not discontinued, but we are making room at the D-Store for new 2007 textile jackets

Nevada: This jacket is definitely heavier than the zentex and a favorite amongst riders that want the protection of leather, but need maximum air flow. The Nevada is perforated in the chest, as well as the back of the jacket. The main impact areas such as the shoulder, arms, and elbow are not perforated.

I have not seen one these jackets come back crashed personally, so I have no data for the crash worthiness of the perforated sections.

If I had to choose, I would try both on (properly fitting) and make my decision.

Best Regards

Michael
Dainese D-Store Manager
1645 Superior Ave
Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627

1 - 8 of 8 Posts