Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Are you asking about the Axial Regular, or the Axial Race?
If you have questions on the Race, I have been wearing them for about a year, great boot.
Excellent support with the full kevlar inner boot and they are very light. The boot is made up from Lorica and D-Stone (Kevlar derived material that has the same abrasion resistance as leather, but a higher tensile strength)
I wear mine on the street under jeans, as well as at track days and I can walk in the with no problems. However I do have customers who report that they don't like to walk long distances in them.
If you have further ?'s, just let me know.

Michael
Dainese D-Store Manager
1645 Superior Ave
Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you have any testing data that shows the "D-stone" materials capabilities in comparison with leather, preferably in the thicknesses seen in use in motorcyclist boots?

What kind of Kevlar material is used in the inner boot?

Do these boots meet the CE requirements for motorcyclist boots in Europe?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
license2ill said:
Do you have any testing data that shows the "D-stone" materials capabilities in comparison with leather, preferably in the thicknesses seen in use in motorcyclist boots?

What kind of Kevlar material is used in the inner boot?

Do these boots meet the CE requirements for motorcyclist boots in Europe?
I am asking about fit and so forth, If you are asking me that question I don't know. I have seen post's from you before bashing Dainese if you are probing why don't you call them and ask. If you don't wear these boots you can't help me. ::)

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Kop:

Don't mind ill, he just wants to sell you a pair of SNELL approved, ballistic kevlar, custom made Euro jack boots with a flux capacitor anyway. >:D

To your question, I sold my Sidi Vertebrae's and bought the Axial Race boots primarily due to fit. The Sidi's synthetic material and cut were snug depthwise on my foot while fitting everywhere else. The Dainese boot "fits like a glove" and the leather (as leather should) breaks in and forms to your foot. I am a size 10D and wore a size 44 Sidi and wear a 43 Dainese. The Race cost me 100.00 over the Vertabrae.

The other major differences are external v. internal bracing, the amount of shin armor (sidi has it, Dainese doesnt) and how they are worn (under the leathers or over the leathers).

I found the Dainese easier to walk in and less cumbersome (shin armor on boots pushing up on or grabbing the shin armor of the pants). I had intended to use them only for spirited rides and track days but use them 99% of the time (only rain gets em off me). I have yet (knock on wood, hail mary full of grace, etc, etc) to crash test them.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I had been using the D-Axial Regular boots for a year and found them to be comfortable for riding but walking around wasn't very comfy.

I wore them through (right boot on my S4Rs) as the sliders were very soft plastic.

Since then I've been using Oxtar EVO TCR perforated boots with titanium sliders and I find them easier to get into, better for walking around in and just as stiff on the protection side. Also the titanium sliders make lovely sparks and don't wear out easily.

But, if I were to have a boot just for sport-touring riding it would be the Dainese D-Axials again, no question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.