Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again, the drama over the ECU is behind us now and we're putting hundreds of miles down every chance we get.

One source of frustration is how long the throw on the clutch is. The clutch is probabaly 75% out before hitting the traction zone. This is a pain in the butt when combined with how lean the bike runs, getting off the line in first requires a LOT of throttle and more clutch effort than would be optimal.

Can this be remedied? If so, how? Replace levers? Some internal gadgetry on the clutch itself? How do you change how long the throw is on the clutch?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
+1 on the adjustable levers.

I noticed that far-from-the-bar clutch takeup when I rode Lil's new 695 last week - she's got some adjustable levers on order, I'll try to convince her I need _another_ test ride after she's got them fitted...

big (Purely for _research_ purposes, you understand!)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The CRGs will probably do the trick or even the cheapie adjustables that Chris K. sells at CA Cycleworks.

I've also seen mentioned more than once here that a Yoyodyne slave will both ease the pull and "widen" the engagement zone. The theory is due to it's large bore the Yoyodyne will require more lever travel at the master than the stock slave to produce the same amount of movement. Makes sense to me theoretically, but I can't provide any FHE.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
ducatihubby said:
getting off the line in first requires a LOT of throttle and more clutch effort than would be optimal.
The 14t front sprocket will help that tremendously. I personally like not having to squeeze the clutch lever all the way in. Makes it easier to quick up/down shift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.