Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried out the new cyclecat monster side stand??
http://www.cyclecat.com/DKS1-1.htm
what are the opinions on this one. As usual with cyclecat products... pretty. Dint know that sidestand can be that pretty before :).
Does it stop scraping of sidestand??.
Thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'll let you know in a week. I'm getting the longer one.
Are you waiting for the one that requires no mods to the bolt and spring ? Since I raised my rear end , I need the longer one also.

S

·
0 Posts
The Cycle Cat sidestand does not fit the S4R. I tried it and had to return it. They are working on one to fit and said to check back. Other than that it's beautifully crafted. I don't see it effecting clearance though so if you're dragging your stand now you will be dragging the new one too. Maybe change your ride height a bit.

S

·
0 Posts
The Cycle Cat sidestand does not fit the S4R. I tried it and had to return it.
interferes with the "bulge" in the header or was it something else? not that i have an s4r, just curious.

I don't see it effecting clearance though so if you're dragging your stand now you will be dragging the new one too.
really? i thought one of the goals of the design was for it to be tucked closer to the bike when retracted. that stock toe-peg sticks way out and drags pretty early when cornering... i'd hope that a replacement stand wouldn't!

Maybe change your ride height a bit.
you mean parking lean-angle, right?

S

·
0 Posts
The reason it didn't work was because of bolt hole size and the configuration of the stock bolt, it's collared and therefore I couldn't modify it to work (no machine shop on hand). As far as clearance goes I was only able to hold it up and approximate comparative clearance with stock so it may be better but it can't be much, but maybe a little is all you need.

L

·
0 Posts
Been waiting on a shorter one for about 2 months now :(

The womans monster is lowered 4" and the stand on there now puts the bike almost vertical :eek:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Looks like a waste of money to me, unless you lower the ride height.
Just my 2 cent.
:p

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I recently installed the one that's an inch longer than stock......quality is top notch (it looks awesome too)....installation was a breeze....if anything though, I probably would have preferred the 1/2 inch longer than stock piece as this one sets the duc too vertical for my comfort

1 - 17 of 17 Posts