Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

CycleCat Rearsets installed!!

2K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  Ray_M. 
#1 ·
Picked up a set of CycleCat adjustable rearsets (DRS-13's) this summer and finally got 'em installed this week (don't ask, it's a long boring story).

Anyhow, the install went well, the instructions were a bit sparse but it was easy enough to figure out once you spend a few minutes looking at the disassembled bike, the CC parts, and the instructions.

My Monster is yellow with gold frame, dark gray engine cases, and silver wheels, so I wasn't sure what color finish to order initially. For those that don't know, you can get your rearsets in black, gold, silver, or a titanium-look (dark silver) finish. I chose the titanium finish to kind of tie-in to the color of the engine cases.

They look awesome just holding them - the finish of the pieces is flawless, and even the bolts and nuts included are all stainless steel. They look INCREDIBLE on the bike, and I can't wait to try them out this weekend! I'll post pictures tonight or tomorrow.

My M750 has a DP 2-into-1 carbon exhaust, and right now doesn't have the passenger pegs/exhaust hangers on yet, so the left side of the bike looks AWESOME with nothing there behind the peg assembly... the right side is looking good too but has an extra arm going back for the exhaust hanger. I currently have the exhaust hung with one of the CC hanger prototypes due to my exhaust being a little different than they had seen on other Monsters, which will require me to fabricate a new bracket to make the my exhaust hanger meet up with their hanger (this will all make sense in the pictures, trust me. BTW, it ROCKS being local to CycleCat!!!!). I will be getting the DEH-3 bi-posto kit because I do occasionally take passengers, but man it looks sweet with nothing there on the left side...

Worth every penny you pay for it. [smiley=waytogo.gif]

See less See more
#4 ·
Ray,

Does your gearshift lever hit the sidestand when it's up too? That's the one fly in the ointment for me. Even under gentle downshifts the lever hits the sidestand hard enough to make the idiot light flash on the dash. I'm just wondering if it will cause the side stand to deploy completely...

I'm going to run it over to CC this week to show them, maybe they'll have an idea of how I can fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.