Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;D ;D Oh man, the quality of cycle cat is top notch. I jsut got the S4 bar risers/clip ons. Let me tell you, from the first call to Alfred, to installation, the whoole experience was amazing.

Their customer service is exceptional, not to mention they answer their emails !!!!

Ordered them up, got them in two days across the country. When I opened the box, I was just plain amazed how well packed everything was. Each part is individually ubbled wrapped. Then, on each pakage, their is a label (left, right, etc...). Their instructions were perfect and to the T. While unwrapping, it is evident that the parts are just top notch. Each billet alum part is exact, and hell, I have a small CNC machine, I could not even come close to this quality.

The anoziding is perfect as well. The adjustability of these bars is jsut amazing. I'm reading all the hype on their web page, but I was jsut oh yeah sure. After installed these and started to adjust their position, it was evident everything they claimed was true.

As for feel, the poistion left me about 1 inch lower, about how I would have wanted it. Not to aggressive, but alot better than the stock position.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dr00l, i'm jealous.

maybe i should get a new triple too... just for clipons? yeah a fool and his money will be soon parted. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Good job with the pic! I had wondered what they looked like with the black risers. Pretty cool!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Which kit did you get the dbr 23 or dbr 33, and how does it compare to stock as far as height and position?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Those are the short ones, the 33's.

The 23's that I have end up about 3/4" higher than stock, and at a more comfortable angle.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Can anyone tell me about the S4R mirrors? Are they better than previous Monster mirrors?
Joe

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
The thing that really amazes me is that even though I thought that soome of the eariler stuff that I got from Cycle Cat was near perfect, the most recent parts that I got from them seem to be even better quality. (I couldn't decide whether to mount the rearsets to my Monster or hang them on my wall)

They could have said 'good enough', and no one would have ever complained, but instead the quality just gets better and better... AND they do it all while LOWERING the prices of some items for Monsters.

Add to it that everyone involved with the company manages to balance professionalism with friendliness and the costs really start to become reasonable.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Cyclepup,
The mirrors for the S4R are still big and bulky. They changed the shape from round to a more "auto" like shape (triangular). I'm still ripping mine off and putting a CRG on the left side.

I agree with you 100% about CC Fillmore.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the Cyclecat Rear Set and the Bar set. I agree with all prior statements regarding the quality of these pieces, absolutely the best I have seen on any parts, OEM or aftermarket.

Both pieces are finished in Titanium finish, and I have the DBR 23 bars which Cycle Cat says can increase bar height by over 1" over stock. This seams about right. The big difference I found, however, was not the increase in height, but the increase in width, the bars are about 1" wider on each side. While this felt odd at first, once I got used to it I liked the increased leverage, and as an added bonus, my mirrors (Rizomas) actually show what is behind me now....

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Not quite S4, you need an adapter made by CycleCat ($95) to make it work...
Looks great.

Here's a pic of my Cycle Cat bars. I have the lower DBR-33 risers. If you rotate your clutch and brake banjos a little, you can route the lines and control wiring more forward, in front of the instrument mounts, which I think gives it a much cleaner look.

I have a question about that special steering damper adapter: Does the steering damper bump into that adapter arm at all when you turn the bars full toward the left?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts