Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The inner diameter of the spacer I received in my kit is larger than the steering axle, allowing free play. It won't move around when the clamp sits on top, but it looks wrong to me. I would expect it to just fit the axle. Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Call Gary or Alfred at Cycle Cat and they'll fix you up.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To clarify the question:

Those who have installed the DTC6 triple, do you recall the spacer diameter being larger than the steering axle. Thanks.

(Yes, I know how to contact Alfred, but that doesn't answer my question before Monday)

·
Registered
426 Posts
It doesn't do anything except raise the triple so the top steering stem nut gets tight. So hole clearance isn't an issue. That said it is still possible that you might have gotten the wrong part like one for a 916? Saying it is loose doesn't give me enough information to make that determination. What is the inside diameter of the spacer?

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should've measured it, sorry.

I can say that the inner diameter of the spacer flushes with the diameter of the groove at the bottom of the clamp.

I also noticed that the spacer is tall enough that the steering stem bolt is only partially inserted into the axle. Again, no measurement, but the height is about 4-5mm.

I did receive the 5-8 mm adapters and the bolts, which I believe are Monster specific, in the same pack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts