Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across this, don't know the model, but they appear to be forward bar mount risers.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Strangeness.....

I asked the seller what model Duc they were for. Here's the communication:

-----------------------------------
I am not sure. The label was damaged and there is nothing marked in the
box or on the bars. I can give all measurements. Dean
On Tuesday, February 17, 2004, at 09:27 PM, [email protected] wrote:

> Could you please tell me what MODEL these clip-ons are designed for?
>
> Better yet, give me the Cycle Cat part number and I can look up the
> application myself.
>
> Thanks
>
> Don
> --------------------
>
-----------------------------------------------

Seems strange the seller just came across a box with a damaged label. Kinda makes you go: "Hmmmmmmm"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think they're hot. I looked at other items he's selling, and there are several cycle cat product and a bunch of other ducati stuff on there.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Will those fit an 02 750?
The difference between CycleCat bars on Monsters is wheter or not the bars are drilled for EFI hand controls or Carb'd controls. So one would assume that the bars will work.

Tank is for carby bikes and is different.

:) Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ownder if this guy is just selign the cyclkecat shop parts that have blemishes on them, and sellign them as good product.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the way I look at it, just spend the little extra $$ and get new stuff from Chris Kelly or someone. I tried to save a few $$ on other stuff, and to me now, its just not worth the hassle of getting stiuffed, not itting, etc....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I buy most of my stuff from the local dealer. It's just easier for me, just in case something isn't correct. I just thought somebody may have been looking. Hard to find a good tank, from what I hear.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I recieved this from Alfred Kobacker of Cycle Cat

"This individual is Dean Liggett. He was formerly an outside sales rep for Cycle Cat. The goods he is selling do not belong to him.
They belong to Cycle Cat, and were provided to him for demonstration purposes at dealers. We have requested their return several times but he has not complied. We have also proposed an arrangement whereby Dean would compensate us for the goods he has, but he has not complied with that either. We have specifically requested that Dean not sell our property on Ebay, as he has not paid for the goods, and we are not receiving compensation from him when they are sold.

Unless and until Dean either pays us for the goods or complies with the terms of the arrangement suggested, he has no authorization to sell the goods and is for all intents and purposes selling stolen property. I have now informed ebay of the matter.
It would be very nice for all concerned if list
members would refrain from buying these goods"

Alfred also noted that Cycle Cat has already experienced an instance in which someone purchased parts from Liggett and did not recieve all the correct parts.

Were it not for Alfred and Cycle Cat's reputations, I probably would not have passed this on. But I felt it was appropriate in this case. The auction is almost up, so this message may have little or no effect.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh that F ER....this guy scammed me some cash as well !!!!

I bought some parts off this cat, and he never sent them. Luckily, I paid via paypal and they returned my money (within 30 days).

His phone number is 910 520-8989

Kinda pissses me off that he is scamming like this. He also claims to be a "custom" jeweler and he was willing to make an engagement ring for me with 50% down. lol...not after messing up a simple part !!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They sold today for 232. Would we be stepping over the line by emailing the buyer about this guy and the post with Alfred's statement. Hate to see people ripped off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would not consider it sstepping over the line if its stolen stuff. Technically, the buyer can get arrested for possession of stoeln merchandise as well...all you are doing is protecting him. I say email him if you can. I would if I was not at work

1 - 20 of 24 Posts