Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a set of DRS-33 solo rearsets for high pipes. I was torn between silver and black, but in the end i went with black... it is a dark after all... was it the right choice?

H

·
0 Posts
You DOPE! What'd you go and do somethin like that for?

No, really...Your bike looks awsome! I have cycle cat clip-ons and have thought about the rear sets (new pricing, SHWING!!).
How much time do you have adjusting them? Alot of possibilities there!

·
Registered
206 Posts
mike - those look great. i hope my drool wiped up well after i stopped by to pick up the shifter (thanks again for the shifter/linkage and the tools to swap mine benty one out!)

having seen that bike in real life - it sounds as good as it looks...

cheers!
steve

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks guys. ;D Cycle Cat stuff is so nice... tmronin stopped by to pick up a shifter and couldn't get over how much these things don't suck, as he put it... 8)

I only had time for a quick 15 minute ride, so I didn't really play with them yet... but they're incredibly easy to adjust. The design is superior... there are 72 possible positions for the pegs. Installation was pretty straightforward... the only thing that slowed me down was bleeding the rear brake since the master cylinder gets repositioned.

Hey Alex... or anyone else who knows the answer... included was a bracket assembly for the reservoir... where exactly is that supposed to go? I left the reservoir where it was for now.

H

·
0 Posts
I noticed that your pipes have a tab where they atatch to the original rear sets. Any plans for removing it that you'd like to share. I also have hi pipes(Remus carbon jobs) with the same tab that will need to be removed.
Also, who's clutch cover is that?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good eyes! yeah, i was pissed when i saw that tab... that's gonna have to go. i'll have to get my welder friend to remove it and then smooth it out.

that's a Rizoma clutch cover with a plexiglass window in the center... the belt covers match as does the sprocket cover.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
No, it was the wrong choice. Take them off and send them to me immediately... ;D

Seriously, they look great. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Damn. Your picture is making me seriously consider chopping my tail. I have the round sils too and I must say your setup looks really good. hmmmm.....

·
Registered
426 Posts
>>Hey Alex... or anyone else who knows the answer... >>included was a bracket assembly for the reservoir... where >>exactly is that supposed to go? I left the reservoir where >>it was for now.

Its for a different year bike that had the reservoir connected to the rearset and not the frame. Looks pretty good if I say so myself. How about a picture from a front 3/4 view and it doesnt have to be so big.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mag: I'm jealous. Those rearsets look awesome. Good to see some folks taking advantage of the new CC pricing!
dion

·
Registered
447 Posts
Magnus your Duc ain't nothing but the Truth! When my bike grows up, I hope it turns out just like yours!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't stop now... got the disease... I have a custom headlight fairing combination coming in... yoyo clutch slave ready to be installed... rizoma rear suspension arch on order... billet bar end sigs... new rubber... maybe some fully adjustable 748-998 forks.

Somebody stop me!

H

·
0 Posts
There is no stopping you, now Magnus. Your too far gone. Can I go, too? I'll just tag along and watch, cause I can't aford to play.
Your bikes awsome, though. By the looks of the wear on those tires, you like twisties!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts