Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to upgrade my bars to the Cycle cat DBR-13 and want to know what you all chose. I am 5'8" and want some adjustability and more aggressive position. I can't decide whether to get the 1.5" rise or 2.5"...any suggestions from those who have them?

Thanks,
RBx

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
RBX said:
I am going to upgrade my bars to the Cycle cat DBR-13 and want to know what you all chose. I am 5'8" and want some adjustability and more aggressive position. I can't decide whether to get the 1.5" rise or 2.5"...any suggestions from those who have them?

Thanks,
RBx
If you have the coin, get both risers. I had the 2.5" ones for over a year, and then switched to the 1.5" (or 1" ?), and never looked back.

That said, I have the DBR-43 (above triple), so you're gonna be REAL low!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
i have the 2.5 inch risers below the triple and it drops you down about an inch from stock ... but thats at the highest position ... you can always lower them farther from that.

so if you are going below the triple i would go longer, since you can adjust them further down the fork legs. you'll never be able to put them higher, and it would suck to pay 300 bucks for a back-ache.

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pompetta said:
If you have the coin, get both risers. I had the 2.5" ones for over a year, and then switched to the 1.5" (or 1" ?), and never looked back.

That said, I have the DBR-43 (above triple), so you're gonna be REAL low!
you used the 1.5" with the above triple adapter? did you use the 2.5" without the dbr-43?

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sennaster said:
i have the 2.5 inch risers below the triple and it drops you down about an inch from stock ... but thats at the highest position ... you can always lower them farther from that.

so if you are going below the triple i would go longer, since you can adjust them further down the fork legs. you'll never be able to put them higher, and it would suck to pay 300 bucks for a back-ache.
thanks, that is what i was looking for!

RBx

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
sennaster said:

Could you have gotten the 1.5" rise and placed it above the triple clamp for the same effect? Nice bike btw [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
sonofthetis said:
Could you have gotten the 1.5" rise and placed it above the triple clamp for the same effect? Nice bike btw [thumbsup]
actually i had the 2.5 inch risers above the triple for added height, but adjustable angles and i liked that the best. but when i switched the top triples i went under because the billet triple was thicker and i didn't have enough fork leg for the clamps (i was in a time crunch too).

and going above the triple is only going to work if your fork legs are longer than stock (these are sbk forks), otherwise you'd have to lower the front about an inch, which could get sketchy.

thanks for the compliment too [thumbsup] , i like it.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
RBX said:
howie,
thanks for the reply, how is it riding with a pillion?
your woman needs to stay off your back ... this goes for riding with clip-ons too.

if she's leaning in your wrists will feel it more with a lowered position.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts