Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading good comments on the cycle cat clip-ons,
I am very interested in how they look on the bike, haven't found good pics yet. On the CC website it states a "drop" of
- 3.125" to -4.500". I am sure that must be inches, and that seems a lot. Could anybody post or point me to some good front or overall pics wich can give me an impression?
Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you buy the triple clamp as well, you can get a set up like this..'

They have two different sets like this. One that goes from like .25 above stock to like 2 below and the other that goes from like 1.25 above stock to 1.5 below. If you want to check the numbers look at the S4 version on CC web page. If you buy their triple or get one from an older S4 you get the same thing. I wish they had this triple when I put mine back together. I have the S4 set up with the 1.25 above to 1.50 below and l love it. The -1.50 below stock make the duc turn like it is on rails.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Andrew,

My preference though would be the DBR-13 under the triple clamp. I am looking for the "cafe racer" style and still be comfortable on the bike, main concern being not too big a drop. The position of the clip-ons on the

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent!

Not too much trouble (cable problems or otherwise) installing I gather from the pictures.

Cheers!

T

·
0 Posts
No...It was much trouble about 6 hours for me. But this was my first mod to a bike other than bolting stuff on. Plan every cable before you re-assemble. I would get about 50% done and then realize one of the cables would not fit right. The throttle cables were the biggest pain. I had to leave the bike overnight and think about how I was going to do the throttle cables. Let me know if you need more detailed pics.

This mod really puts a lot of weight on your rists. It is forcing me to ride better using my lower back more. Helps ease the throttle/brake/clutch inputs.

Do you have a pair of rear sets yet? I think I might need a pair. My legs really hug the tank when my feet are position forard on the pegs to shift/brake. Too bad rear sets are expensive.

Good luck.
Tom E.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ive just fitted a set to my '03 M1000S and they were not too hard to fit ( after Cyclecat told me I had them on backwards that is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts