Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

WEll, my instal is finally done. Had some issues with the S4 since the brake line has a 90 degree banjo. THANK YOU CYCLE BRAKE. They made me a custom line, and I had it the next day !!!

Chris Kelly, thank you for the clutch springs. Thay mad ea huge difference from my rusted 3 year old springs. So now at 3K, I don;t feel like stalling. It took me more time figuring out the following:

Next thred./.....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I just could not figured this one out.....

Then it hit me, the package contained TWO left side heel guards. Even though it had been check as 1 left, 1 right. Oh well, everyone makes mistakes. Hopefully I can return the spare left one and get the correct right one.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, inital impressions, The shifting is so f'ing smooth !!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one last thing, make sure you get a 33.5 inch 40 degree banjo for the rear brake. I like my black rear brake line. nw I need someone to powerder coat my rear swing arm and engine case !!!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Very very nice S4. I'm soo jealous!!

Shoot the folks at CycleCat a line at [email protected]. When I received my frame sliders, one of the nuts was too big, so I sent them some mail Friday afternoon. Alfred himself emailed me back that night!! Customer service was excellent and they arranged to ship me a new nut in excahnge for the old.

-dj

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am sure you won't have any problem getting the correct heal guard, sorry about the mistake. But while you don't seem upset you should not have had to replace the brake line. Cycle Cat kits either use the stock brake line or come with new ones included. I am afraid I don't know which in your case. Please contact Alfred on Monday let him know what you found. I personally don't like the way your rear brake line runs in the picture above it appears too short. The line should run forward all the way around the end of the swingarm then back to the caliper or turn 90 degrees at the master and run straight back along the swingarm and then up to the caliper.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice Mods S4_Newbie!

It looks like your S pipe is crushed.....Did you have to do that for the install? I've got Sil-Motor high pipes (round) with a generic Spareshack rearset (not nearly as nice as your Cyclecats) and I had plent of clearance.............Just curious as I've been conteplating some Cyclecat rearsets.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, teh S-pipe comes like that from Sil motors. Its flat on both side sof the motorcysle. Can;t really see it once the guard gets on there.

As for the brake line, I'm not sure you , as this is pretty much how it was ran before. Actually, the stock line was even shorts. It ran 90 degrees fron the master cyclinder up (but it was mousnted differently), but it did not run all the way down the end of the swing arm and back. what is hte difference ? The caliper itself is not moving. THe swing arm moves up and down, this only point where it moves is near the rear set.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is what you mena,, with the caliper on the bottim, the line extends beyond the swing arm, then at 90 degree right ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
p.s. the s pipe is not crushed....look at ht e fetured monster this month. even his has the same flat area on his pipes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts