Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been waiting for this game for a long time, and I absolutely love the fact that as a motorcycle and car enthusiast that they have made such striking designs and included both as core gameplay elements. The entire style and feel of the game I am so struck and love, that I am going to be doing a full transformation on my 2006 Ducati Monster S2R to fit the motorcycle into the world. I think the Monster is the right canvas to build something striking and true to the style of the game and can't wait to bring some of this game to our real world!

Here is a video of what you can expect! I am so excited about this project!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great job on the customization, but I don't see anything that makes it cyberpunk.
Yes it is beginning already ordered all the parts and will be doing a close follow up on the build

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Customization is one of the best things about owning a bike. However that one is so pristine it would be somewhat saddening to do anything irreversible.
Agreed exactly why I am going to make sure all these mods are reversible!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Agreed exactly why I am going to make sure all these mods are reversible!

All the buzz and debate over the new Monster's departure from tradition, these will be right up there with the 750 bevels and Diana's of future generations..

Maybe not totally, but close.

·
Registered
27 Posts
cyberpunk looks have always been defined with horizontal lines. it's gonna be a good challenge to redefine the sexy curves on the typical ducati.
imo the 999 generation had the most cyberpunk look about them.
keep us posted on your build, i'll be rooting for you!

my first suggestion: you'll have to do away with the side mirrors, or change to some inconspicuous under-hanging ones. somehow bikes of the future never need to check the traffic behind

·
Registered
66 Posts
Going to freeform a bit here, all due respect to Mr. Canadian Rider's project vision,
IMHO, a cyberpunk bike should consider...
It is future retro. A petrol engine in the future may be considered retro tech, so some element should celebrate that fact, as we celebrate a kickstart bike today.

Consider electroluminescent accent lights on the body. Think Lightmode helmets, but on the body.

Future streets are probably a nightmare, so urban scramber elements would be useful for utility.
Also on the subject of utility, some kind of quick disconnect pannier. In this fictional future, I think it would be in character to have some urban delivery / gig economy / contraband storage ability.

I would consider mounting a gobo projector on the front fender so it turns with the wheel, projecting a grid. I am of course referencing the Lumigrids project. They mount it on the bars, but on the fender, it would feel like it is a throwback to the Tucker car.

Finally, also in character, I would consider either an aftermarket digital TFT, or conversely, no gauge cluster at all (paired helmet with heads up display).

Finally, finally, to fit the setting, a cyberpunk bike would probably have a hidden kill switch as an anti-theft device.

Best wishes with the project as you vision it, excited to see what happens. I would bet a track day fee your build will incur less development delays than the game!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Example?

I've never played Cyberpunk, but I have played my share of GTA. The V key changes the view. Front to rear, zoom in or out, etc. If you're playing on a PC anyway.

Of course, the view is usually pretty bleak forward or backward when I'm playing..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts