Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with cutting out foam to lower a stock seat? Anyone willing to do the work for a fee? I need a lower seat for my 2010 696 in lieu of part 96776009B being discontinued and impossible to find. :confused:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hard to find, not impossible. I set up a Search on eBay. It notified me when one went up for sale. The seat is a minimal reduction in height. I have a 30” inseam and it helped just a little. I also slid the fork tubes up a couple of lines. Correctly set your SAG and the bike will most likely sit a little lower and handle better too. I bought some thicker soled boots, that helped as much as the seat. When its time for tires, a lower profile will help a little too. If you lose a little height on each thing, it will result in a decent height reduction with no loss in handling.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Im 5'4" and did the same seat mods you're talking about. The stock seat inclines forward to smash your junk. The ducati low seat actually is lowest about 3" past the tank which increases reach. I then shaved the seat foam to lower the seat height and this decreases seat to peg distance and then its knee cramp city. The solution is to find a 1100 evo seat with the red stitching it has a flatter seat cushion and is just the right height,for me that is. I have a 696 unused seat with the same flat foam if you're interested. pm me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toker, are you referring to the Ducati "Comfort Seat"? If so, I already have that one so maybe I'm as good as-is. Also, this is for my wife who is about 5'6" so "junk" is less of an issue LOL. Just trying to clarify, thanks!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Google for videos. I saw one of a a guy using an electric carving knife. Watch a vid for the technique. I tried it once , it worked ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts