Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 94 that I am thinking of shorting the hugger alittle. Does anyone have pictures of this that I can see. I think I want to keep somewhat of a fender to help with the road grime. This is just a cheaper solution than a short CF one for now. Sounds like people either use the dremel or a saw, just wanted to see what some of them looked like.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I took mine off about 6K ago as well. No problems, just a little more dirty, but overall I think it looks better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you decide to keep/cut yours. i'd recommend a jigsaw rather than a dremel. it's more unweidly (is that a word?!) than a dremel, but i found when cutting plastic with a cut-off wheel, that the speedy revs melted the plastic more than it cut it. made for messy cleanup. the jigsaw will make a fairly clean cut that's easy to smooth out with some sanding.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had pretty good results w/the dremel- although I haven't tried the jigsaw method. I did a bunch of cutting on the gf's license plate/light holder on a '02 750, and the results after sanding were top notch.

Oso- if you feel like trying, you're welcome to use my dremel/garage/beer, just contact me through my site.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I did took care of my R/H some time ago.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
here is the other,

In my opinion it gives the bicke a cleaner look, however the back of your jaket may not be as clean ;D

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I have mine chopped and prefer it over none. First, I don't want the shock shaft pelted.

Second, aesthetically, the skinny 160 tire just doesn't look so great naked, especially with the mass of the seat cowl and side covers above. The concentration of mass should be at the bottom, around the wheel, for a hooligan bike, to suggest drag racing.

These combinations work for my taste:

1. 170/180 tire, no hugger, w/ or w/out seat cowl.
2. 160 tire, chopped hugger, w/ seat cowl.
3. 160 tire, no hugger, no seat cowl.

Chopped tail and no side covers are assumed. ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts