Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see anyone can recomend what I should use to cut CF. I'm making some shorty CF pipes "ala strati". I just need to cut through the cans. I've got a band saw as well as a chop saw. I was going to use the band saw since it has a much larger vise. I'll post pics when I'm finished.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Your band saw will work fine. Use a fine blade & mask the cut line to minimize fraying. dress the edge with fine sandpaper when you're done.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Your band saw will work fine. Use a fine blade & mask the cut line to minimize fraying. dress the edge with fine sandpaper when you're done.
Don't forget to not breath that dust. Bad stuff.

Kevin

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK here they are. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are CORED inside. Nothing in there. I'll be getting my bike back next week after some post lowside fixes. I'm going to post a sound file.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I'm calling two bros. on Monday. I have another piece of cf a little longer with their logo on it. I'll see if they can sell me the two end pieces and I'll make another set to sell on ebay.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Man, I thought my 9 1/2 in pipes were small. What are those like 5 in not including end cap? They should sound sweet and load.

S

·
0 Posts
They are CORED inside. Nothing in there.

careful dude... although they look pretty snazzy, i'd be wary of running them totally hollow. works well enough for stock cans, but the carbon shells will discolor from the exhaust heat. if it's not too much trouble, slip a straight tube in there and stuff with muffler packing or wrap with headerwrap.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advise. I'm going to use the stock perforated tube and wrap it with headder wrap.

S

·
0 Posts
nice... another benefit is it'll keep the can shells (relatively) cool to the touch.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Getting them on over christmas. I'll post it and let you guys know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts