Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
G, is the paint you used an exact match with the rest of the bike ? If so, what did you use/how did you do it ? Referenced the colour codes from the manual ?

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn’t find paint code, so I matched color by using a color chip chart. Matches up beautifully.

Once found color I liked, then sprayed with high build primer, painted red, then clear coated. Then wet sanded and buffed.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Couldn’t find paint code, so I matched color by using a color chip chart. Matches up beautifully.

Once found color I liked, then sprayed with high build primer, painted red, then clear coated. Then wet sanded and buffed.
Much appreciated friend ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Mr G
Looks great!!....and makes me happy I did the same thing but my bike is still in pieces from a complete tear down to Perform 18k mile service, Powder-coat frame red, and do the wheels,tank, headlight bezel, and oil cooler shroud in white. My bike was white with a bronze frame, with black wheels. I thought the smaller monsters with white tanks, red frame and wheels looked good but went with white wheels instead. I wanted to easily distinguish it as a custom color configuration. I like the way your front turn signals look too. What are they if you don’t mind me asking? I think I want to go in that direction as I put this back together.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man, can’t wait to see yours when it’s done as well!

The turn signals are from Ducati Performance

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi MrG!
I finally got his thing back together after performing the 18k service on the valves and the bike. I plan to do a write up and pics on the experience and post them at some point. Here are some pics as promised of the headlight bezel powder coated white. I also did the wheels and frame while I had them off the bike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is the original silver shield underneath? Or did you replace it? I found a M1200S is really like but the owner painted the original silver headlight shield, which I hate. Was hoping it was replaceable for the original...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts