Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry yeah fabricate......metal. Steel is fine.....
I need a more sbk kind of tank made to fit on a 00 M900.
I don't believe anything exists that fits the way I want it to.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I'd have a trick AL tank made if I was going to blow the bucks on a custom tank. lots lighter than steel.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
An aluminum tank will dent REALLY easily, so beware. Why don't you take one of the sport bike tanks (9*6, 999, SS) & adapt it to fit on your Monster?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Norm yeah I want steel.....I've tried sitting some other tanks on the same frame and they just don't line up on the frame
quite right or don't quite have the shape I want.......aesthetic's I guess.....just trying to see what's out there...since this guy is in Cali...Maybe he could work one in steel...functionally I want something narrower for the legs and something higher in the rear to butt up against and lay on.....like I could with my old 748

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh forgot about how much the bike is worth, my advice from being screwed on selling my last Duc is to take all the mods off and sell them separately, if all in good conditions you can get a fair price. Then search ebay for a comperable listing, go into completed auctions and only use the ones that sold for reserve price or above, that seems to be a pretty accurate pricing stratagey.

·
Registered
287 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts