Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my bike to Valley Honda in Phoenix to get my bike mapped after the Zard install. I rode up running the Arrow full exhaust map from the power commander website. When they did the base run with that map the bike made 116.7 HP and 79 Ft/Lbs. The problem was the map was running way to lean on my bike. As much as 14.5 in some places. Mark Ledesmo is the guy tuning, he comes highly recommended and races for the shop. After writing a custom map (and getting the AFR down to 13.2 almost straight across) he did a few pulls and came up with about the same numbers ( 155 and 82) but a much better curve. It is unbelievable how well the bike runs now. The dyno itself (wasn't a dyno jet one, some Company in Denmark makes them) was impressive, he could set the brake for a certain RPM and was able to accurately test every field in the PC map. I would highly recommend him to anyone within driving distance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
If it wasn't a Dynojet dyno, how did he access the map for the PCIII? You need software to create and load the map into the PCIII. Does the dyno he used have an interface to the Power Commander?

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the Dyno they use

http://www.mjpdyno.com/2200.htm

He actually has 2 computer screens up, one for the power commander and one for the dyno. He runs the bike at a certain RPM and throttle then makes changes to the PC map according to the wideband 02 readings. With this dyno he can tell the drum to only spin at a certain RPM and it will get to 100% braking at that RPM allowing him to test every throttle position at every RPM. It took a little time but he got it dialed in pretty good

How does the chart look to you guys?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
aziator said:
This is the Dyno they use

http://www.mjpdyno.com/2200.htm

He actually has 2 computer screens up, one for the power commander and one for the dyno. He runs the bike at a certain RPM and throttle then makes changes to the PC map according to the wideband 02 readings. With this dyno he can tell the drum to only spin at a certain RPM and it will get to 100% braking at that RPM allowing him to test every throttle position at every RPM. It took a little time but he got it dialed in pretty good

How does the chart look to you guys?
It sounds like he's got a good setup and he's got the tuning skills, from comparing the before and after, he's gotten your bike running a lot better.

IMO, that dyno is extremely generous, 82 ft-lbs is a good bit higher than anything I've seen for a 996 motor.
As every dyno is different, that's not particularly significant.

If you end up having to go to another dyno in the future, do a baseline run before you change anything....I expect most dynos would read significantly lower.

No 'slam' on him or his equipment or your bike is intended by my statements.
Within the proper usage of a dyno as tool to quantify performance changes, it doesn't matter what it reads in absolute numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts