Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 620 and I want to do something custom to the gauges. I really like the new S4RS gauge with the white to make it more appealing to the eye. Has anyone tried anything like this to a 620? I also am gonna do a cuctom paint job since I layed it down a couple months ago. I have been looking at pics and the creative juices are begining to flow. If anyone has any pics or ideas I would be pretty open minded to lots of things.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
783 Posts
I believe the problem your going to have the with the imobilizer. I think it's in the gauge cluster so you can't just "swap" it. You might be able to use just the tach and speedo and insert them into your cluster.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Rather than use the s4r faces on the gauges, why not attempt to use a sport1000 setup, it says "ducati" on the face, not "s4R"? It's something I'm looking into myself, and as far as the ecu in the the gauge cluster, there might be a possibility of removing it, and hiding it elsewhere on the bike rather than replacing it altogether. The whole thing is a pita, and if you're willing to go through the trial and error, share your info with us!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think instead of swapping them out I'm gonna get creative with the actual face and maybe do some "face painting [laugh]" I'm to lazy and poor to do any thing involving new gauges plus I like do DIY.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.