Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's opinion of the custom Ducati in cycle world. It is a one off (not made by Ducati) of a 916 naked with a hand made monster looking tank etc. Check out this link there is a small picture under "Art in Alloy," http://www.cycleworld.com/index.cfm?siteaction=OnSaleNow&id=35. I think it looks pretty sweet, IMO this is the direction Ducati should go if they plan on re-doing the Monster....

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I've seen some large photos of it on this site. Do a search for Acme Rocket Bike and it might pull up.

I think with Ducati *probably* going into production on the sport classics, that the Monster should stay as is. It seems to fit PERFECTLY now, more than ever.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Actually....... Acme Bob is in serious talks with Ducati to make custom pipes. :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Evan Wilcox just called about my place in line for a CB 750 seat. I sold the bike, butmaybe I can get him built something for my monster.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Very Cool! The thing with Evan's work is that it is one of a kind. They are working on the 999 now. How long were you on his waiting list? A friend of mine with a Norton was on there for a year.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I got on in July of last year. I'll have to see what he might be able to come up with.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Given the original Monster was a "redone" 851 it only makes sense that a new monster should be (IMO) a redone 916.... If anyone at Ducati is reading, this would be a good direction to go in...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Yes...... Bob is taking the R1 and the 969 to auction the guy who runs midamerica auctions asked him to be the co sponser in February in Vegas. It also gives him more money to produce other Acme Bikes and the 999 currently in production.

·
Registered
472 Posts
there are a lot of beautiful bikes in that auction.

some of the bsa's just make me drool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts