Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a post a while back when I realized I ordered the wrong belt covers for my 750 motor. The covers were meant for a 900, but I ended up cutting, sanding, and polishing them to fit my 750. I tried to stay within the design of the covers, anyway, here's some pics. http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=63678.0<---before shots

P.S. After all the work to get them to fit on the 750, I ended up getting a 900 motor [laugh] but in the end, I still have something I'm happy with.

first pic is on the 750, rest is the 900.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
yuu said:
Nice work on modding those covers to fit you bike. I dare say they look even cooler now, than when you got them
+1

Those look a lot better now than when you ordered them.. Beautiful

·
Registered
101 Posts
Very impressive! You are quite the arteest. I would have gotten pissed off, put them in a box, never return them, stuck with the originals. I'm glad to see someone has creativity and the drive to follow it through.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I like 'em. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
sonofthetis,

thanks for the idea, I was going to sell mine from the 620 and get a new set from germany. But he doesn't make them in my style for the 900. Now I'll just cut mine as well and fit them on my "new" 900 engine.

-michelle

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Industrial_Grrrl said:
sonofthetis,

thanks for the idea, I was going to sell mine from the 620 and get a new set from germany. But he doesn't make them in my style for the 900. Now I'll just cut mine as well and fit them on my "new" 900 engine.

-michelle
Glad I could help [thumbsup] I'd like to see them when they're done!

-Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.